Fri, Sep 20, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: editing image map

renderroneous ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 3:35 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:28 AM

I have a house model in vob format, and I want to change a color of the roof on it. But where is the image map stored on the computer?  I can't find it in the folder with the vob.  Is it somehow embedded with the model?  And can I extract it to play with it and then somehow return it to it's original place?

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:04 PM

You can always change the color in Photoshop if you wanted to, but I am not sure about the copyright laws and mucking about with other peoples models :D

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:14 PM

Easy.   Load your model.  Change from the objects tab to the Links tab (last in the row).   All images used will be listed there.  Find the one you want to edit, right click and "Export Link".  Save the image.   Then you  can edit it to what you want.  

If you change it and want to save your newly modified object, would be wise to save as a different name fromthe original just in case you want to use the old one again.

Gill

thd777 ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:15 PM

Quote - I have a house model in vob format, and I want to change a color of the roof on it. But where is the image map stored on the computer?  I can't find it in the folder with the vob.  Is it somehow embedded with the model?  And can I extract it to play with it and then somehow return it to it's original place?

Hello!

If the texture map is incorporated, it is stored as part of the VOB file. In Infinite (not sure about the other versions), you can go to the "links" tab and export the texture map for editing (right click). Depending on the color change you want to achieve, it might be easier to use the color adjustment in the color tab of the material editor (overall color). You can also do a color shift in the function editor.

Ciao
TD

renderroneous ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:16 PM

Gill and TD, thanks so much.  I knew it was easy, but didn't quite know how to get there.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:59 PM

Took me ages to find out too 😉

Gill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.