Tue, Oct 22, 12:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Irresponsible behaviour in chat - IGNORE BUTTON NEEDED URGENTLY!!!

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 3:28 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:58 PM

Time and time again we have requested an ignore button or some kind of action measure for when we are faced with irresponsible, unruly behaviour in chat. This has happened again..by the same member who has been reported for this behaviour before. He fills the room with his antics, and my java crashes...I am SO SICK of this behaviour....yet he keeps doing it. I have even stopped going to chat as regularly as I used to..but on the rare occasions that I do...this happens! Can we PLEASE ask for the admins to help out by fitting the room with ignore buttons, and or..telling this member to STOP clowning around..it wasn't funny the first time...and it isn't funny now. the garbage in chat is as follows: TRAVISB says: jllallllllalllaaaaaalalksssskskdjdkdkdlslsla;a;a;alslsldkdkfjfjghghfjfjdkdkslslsa;a;lslskdkdjfjfhghgjfjfkdkdlsls a;;alslslkdkdkdfjfjfjghghgjfjfjdkkdkdlslslsa;a;slslsldkdkdkfjfjfjghghghfjfjfjdkdkdkslslslslsla;a;a;a;alslslslsls dkdkdkdkdjfjfjfjjfjkdkdkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdlssllslslssllslsslsllssllsa;;;a;a;a;aa;a;a;a;lsslsllslslslslslslslslsdkkd kddkkddkkdkdkdkdkdkdkddkdfjjfjfjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfgjhghghghghhghghghghhghfjghjhfgjhjfhgjhfjghjfhgjfhg jhfjkdjfkjdkjfkdjfkjkdjfkdjfkdfkjdkjfkdjfkdjkfjdkjfkdjfkjdkfjdsklksldklskdlskdlksldklskdlskdlskdlksldklskdlk sldksldklskldka;sl;als;al;al;sla;ls;als;als;la;sla;sl;als;la;slsldklskldkslkdlskdlskdlksldklskdlaklkjldksj;alkjf;a lkdsjf;alsdkjfa;lsdkjfa;lsdjfa;lskjf;alsdkjfa;lsdkjfa;lsdkjfa;lsdkja;sldja;lsda;lsdkjfa;lsdkjfa;lsja;lsdkfa;sldkfa;l sdjfa;lksjfz,xcv.z,xmnvz.,cnvz.,xcnvz.,cnvz.,xcnv.z,xcnvz.,xnv.z,xcvnz.,xcnvalksdhf;alksj;alksjfa;lkjfa; lskdjfa;lfppwoerupwoeruwpoirutwproeiutwporeuwpoeuwpoeru;odjfa;lda;ljkdfa;ldkjfa;lkjfa;lsdfa;ljfa;lsjfz/ .,nvz/.,.mnvz.knvz.,nvz.,cnvz.,xnvalslkdhg;lsakjadsfdsfadsdsffalaskhfalkdhfalskhfalkdhfalsdb laiuylg kjhgkhakhbjdhkfhkjadshfgkhdfashk;adfhgk;has;g;gjkhkjghkjhdfatgiuyhg.mhoartjkfduoyta;ruoytoasdth kjhofdgriouahkjhoigkrahoithgkhfdtjlkaijrtjhoijtoirooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Eshal ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 3:38 AM

Guys gotta agree with Sacred here....It really spoils the whole chat atmosphere and can put a newbie to chat off from ever venturing there again. Please can we have an ignore button? We aren't asking for the right to wipe them from the site just to wipe them from our sight in chat. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

etep ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 3:41 AM

i agree with Eshal on this, this is not funny maybe if he wishes to continue then a short holiday(2 weeks) from here would help him :>)

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 3:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12375&Form.ShowMessage=361356

Please, heed our pleas? we can hide offensive forums, we can hide offensive art.. why not offensive people in the chat rooms? it would make life a lot easier for those of us on a dialup, and even those on a high speed connection as it tends to really mess up the java for teh room... Thank you related link posted and a small search will turn up a "few" more over the past year or so

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 7:52 AM

Either provide an "Ignore" button or have an admin/moderator on hand 24/7 who can eject idiots from the chat room. Otherwise you'll keep getting complaints like this because there is NEVeR a shortage of idiots on the web!

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 10:24 AM

We are already working on a new chat server. It is about 75% complete. We are writing it ourselves so we can add whatever features we feel that are needed. Rest assured, there will be every feature that has been requested. It just takes time to write a chat server from scratch. Until then, realize there are a few security problems with the current chat server. User spoofing is possible. The user you quoted above may not be the real user. Russell

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 4:25 PM

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. This has been getting out of hand in the past few months.... we shall wait patiently.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 10:52 PM

Thank ye russ... awaiting...

wiz ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 6:32 AM

Have a look at some of the code from one of the open source "spam filter" projects. One thing they do is check content to make sure that it isn't gibberish (since big chunks of random gibberish are often attached to spam, to fool primitive spam filters). This would force our chat crashers to use real words.

Eshal ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 6:38 AM

Thanks Russ ..the work you guys do for this site is really appreciated very much.:) Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.