Mon, Oct 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Sketchup

CharlieDog ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 4:31 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:27 PM

I can't find the sketchup importer in Vue 8.4 Vue Esprit.  The 3d importer module is highlighted on my Esprit splash but no .skp listing

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 10:50 AM · edited Tue, 16 March 2010 at 10:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_8_infinite/?page=14

Are you on a 64 Bit system? SKP import is for Win32 only systems. :bored:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

hobepaintball ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 3:31 PM

Quote - Are you on a 64 Bit system? SKP import is for Win32 only systems. :bored:

Mazak

In order to Import sketchup I would have to install Vue8 Inf onto one of my 32bit Windows systems? And if so am I allowed to install a 32bit version for occasional use if i regularly use my 64bit version (I know it would only be on at a time).

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 5:59 AM

Give it a try. :)

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

CharlieDog ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2010 at 4:31 PM

So this is another feature of upgrading from Vue 7 to Vue 8?

Another feature I just notice is that the Video Driver doesn't work on my computer when I moved from Vue 8 to 8.4 and an upgraded driver doesn't exist.  This is a new mobile Intel Video Card.

Do I have to install the 64 bit Vue 8 if my system is 64 bit, lots of other 32bit programs work just fine?

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 5:19 AM

Nope, the reason there's no SU Importer in 64-bit, is because Google SU API doesn't support 64-bit yet. Not e-on's issue. You can use OBJ exporters from Google, or Collada (search Vue, SketchUp and Collada).

hobepaintball ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 7:04 PM · edited Wed, 24 March 2010 at 7:05 PM

Sure, that makes sense. Sketch is free right? I'll export as Collada, there are some sketch up models I would like to try, even as place keepers until i find the right VOB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.