Fri, Sep 20, 5:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: michael 4 not a known face room figure - why is that?

Michaelab ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 11:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:43 AM

When I use Michael 4 and before I try to apply a photo in the face room, I get the message:
"Your selected figure is not a known Face room figure. Applying heads from the Face room may work...."

Why is that? Isn't Michael 4 useable in all the rooms in Poser?

Michael

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 12:27 AM

Daz figures aren't made by Poser's company. The Face Room only supports some of the Poser figures. 

Of course, most people use the Daz figures because Poser figures tend to look really strange and aren't proportioned all that well. I suspect the Face Room isn't used all that often by anyone. 

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

jefsview ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 12:51 AM

Grab PhilC's Poser Toolbox, which has a Face putty feature, which is similiar to Poser's face room in python format, but you can use on any figure.

-- Jeff

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 6:29 AM · edited Wed, 17 March 2010 at 6:30 AM

Poser's Faceroom only supports the figures that actually come with Poser with the one exception being ApolloMax.

Does FacePutty do textures? I say that because that's what the OP appears to be trying to use the faceroom for, not morphs.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 6:57 AM

Miki 2 and the G2characters (James, Jessi, Olivia, Koji and Kelvin) available at CP are also supported. 

I like the poser 7 characters, except the shoulders are too rounded.  DAZ characters are on the tall spindly side...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 7:10 AM · edited Wed, 17 March 2010 at 7:11 AM

The actual technical reason is that for a figure to be useable in the Face Room, there has to be morph control mapping into the face room system, as well as surface control of all the polypoints. That process is both timely and costly. Poser's owner(s) have set a cost to do it, and DAZ has said they will not pay it. So it isn't some bug in Poser, but DAZ refusing to pay to have their figures set up for use in the faceroom...

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 9:44 AM

Actually, CP does provide G2 faceroom data files for free.  Need to be a registered member, but well-worth it if you want to pursue developing custom face morphs with these models.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.