Fri, Sep 20, 2:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 2010 Animation Tools ????

peterpan ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 1:27 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 7:11 PM

I started off using poser from near it`s begining , and I had an idea the 2010 would be good for animating. However , not much,  apart from layers being added, still not as stable as I thought the pro version may be. Time will tell as updates come out.....................first try...........

Has anyone used the graph to adjust movements in an animation as yet ?

It is a real pain in the ass , first I checked to see if the resolution was incorrect for Poser Pro 2010 , ( 1024 x 768 minimum resolution) , mine is 1280x1024.
To explain , when doing adjustments using the graph , the top of the graph gos out of site ? No matter how big you make the menu window , it is impossible to reach the top or the bottom of the graph. However , if the graph is closed and reopened , it has adjusted itself and you can now see the top / bottom of the graph and able to carry on using to finish adjusting the animation. Wow , a real no to work flow..........! Perhaps its just my computer/me ( norm ), but never had this prob in any other Poser progam 1/7, before. And to make matters worse , clicking on the adjuster on the graph is a pain too , now having to enlarge the graph so I can adjust and it gets in the way. Do I realy need to shell out for a larger screen/ video card for one program , or is it all adjustible? I am going to update my drivers today for the Nvidia GS 7900 and see if itmake a difference , but doubt it............. Ok , Im no pro , just a long term hobby person, perhaps there is a way to get it right , any advice guys on setting the windows , before I go to SM and make an idjet of meself......?

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 10:50 PM

Quote - To explain , when doing adjustments using the graph , the top of the graph go`s out of site ? No matter how big you make the menu window , it is impossible to reach the top or the bottom of the graph. However , if the graph is closed and reopened , it has adjusted itself and you can now see the top / bottom of the graph and able to carry on using to finish adjusting the animation. Wow , a real no to work flow..........!

There is a Scroll Bar on the side of the Graph (left side) that will allow you to see the top... you can expand it after moving to the top and you will not need to Scroll if you expand it large enough.

ratscloset
aka John

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 2:30 AM

Yes there is a scroll bar but it doesnt work very often (I'm talking about p8) - it happens that the scroll bar is disabled when the graph is cut from top or bottom - you cannot expand it. The only solution is to change the frame - than scroll bar becames active and you can resize it.

Also when changing parameters directly from the graph window the dial's value (in properties window) sometimes doesnt get updated - and again only changing frame helps. but it's not so good for me since when graph window is active no keyboard shortcuts for advancing frames are working on my p8 version :(

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2010 at 10:50 AM

Just Clicking in the Graph Box should refresh the Screen making the Scroll Bar active if it does not after moving the Graph off screen does not.

ratscloset
aka John

3Dave ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 6:54 AM

How reassuring for the future of Poser, a known bug from P8 gets passed on to PPro. SM's bug team really care so you can depend on them not to bother fixing it for a year or so, and then they'll email you the SR details sometime in the following decade.
Meanwhile the sales team will be pumping out details of the next version, might not mention the inclusion of outstanding bugs though.

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 7:09 AM

So you mean they should have let the majority of users wait some more months for Poser Pro 2010 so all problems a minority of the Poser users encounter get fixed? (I don't think the majority uses Poser for animation). I don't like that idea :-)

3Dave ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 7:34 AM

Quote - So you mean they should have let the majority of users wait some more months for Poser Pro 2010 so all problems a minority of the Poser users encounter get fixed? (I don't think the majority uses Poser for animation). I don't like that idea :-)

Poser 8, nearly one year old has manyy such issues, minor perhaps in some cases more significant in others (Display Origin?) I'm not saying stop all development untill its fixed, but if you rush on dragging old mistakes and bugs with you, when do they get fixed?

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 8:57 AM

Not everyone experiences every issue. This one has to more with refreshing the display. It does not impact the performance of Poser itself.

ratscloset
aka John

peterpan ( ) posted Thu, 25 March 2010 at 12:46 PM

@ ratscloset , nice advice......hm , for a newbe........doesnt alter anything Ive written.
Bug it is, untill fixed. I had read that Poser Pro 2010 was Poser 8 with the plugins , didnt believe it til now . Also a memory bug , trying to do symmetry ( ie , left arm to right )while posing hangs the program for a good 10 mins while it sorts it self out, never had this before in 4/7... Still SM will sort it ..............may be just the 32 bit version Im running ...........

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.