Wed, Sep 25, 2:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: 30 min to render->it is to long?

sleepytom ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2010 at 9:59 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:17 AM

Hi evrwone,
can someone something explain me? :)
I get Vue couple Days.

a) for this picture in need 30 min to render->it is to long?
http://toskanaidylle.de/Root/stuff/test.jpg
I use a AO settings in Vue and GI in Vray. I change the Settings fro Vue like this PDF
http://users.tns.net/~mwalter1/Vue_Render_Settings.pdf

b) Someone can explain me how works Vue GI/AO with Vray GI/AO it look like that there dont work really together.
I wont to have an dirt shader for dirt between the Castle and the ground. If i tray Vray AO there is no really AO on the Ground
Wich kind of light settings now importent to render? Max and Vue gets here one settings?

c) i have to work on a Geometric Model. I Exportet from Max as *.OBJ to Vue Building my Ecosystems and Maps....is there a way to Paint on this Objekt? I only see Painting on Vue objekt not on Importet Objekts.
Okok right now...hmmm..maybe i can Save after importing *OBJ in Vue that as vom and then its a Vue Objekt :)))
sorry its the 3th night with 4 Houer sleeping.

THX for Help
I know 3 question in one read is bad. *sorry
Tom
PS: what can i do to reduce the rendertime?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 12:59 AM

Speed is relative.  Did the render slow down any during the trees or the trenches?  Is there displacement in the trenches?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 2:28 AM

30 minute render time too long!!!
You're having a laugh right....
30 minutes is a quick render time, but as Shawn says it all depends on what quality you want and what's in your scene.

With GI lighting and all the other stuff, you get what you put in, you can tweak it in any number of ways.
I would suggest you visit geekatplay and check out some of the tutorials on there, that is prolly the best advice anyone can give you..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 7:27 AM

Vue's AO is considered a lighting model, whereas ion other softwares, it adds a dirt effect. The basics are the same, AO creates "local" shadows between objects/faces inside a given range. But in Vue, it doesn't look the same, and in Vue, you either have AO or GR, you cant have both at the same time.

sleepytom ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hey guys,
thanks for replay that is helpful ...
I visit geekatplay.com seems to be really cool
thanks for tips and time
Tom

adnan007 ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 4:36 PM · edited Tue, 06 April 2010 at 4:37 PM

what if i told you that some of my vue renders take up to 12hours. depends on the objects you have on the scene. for example hair  and eyes take a long time to render. trabparency and water as well. and if the number of polygons present in yr scene is big il will slow down the computer and increase the render time. i use vue 5 infinite and radiosity takes time comparing to global illuminbation but gives best results.
not familiar with the new version of vue and the vray option.

hobepaintball ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 3:03 PM

I know there were a million ways to speed things up but using ALL the elements of the sky i wanted, with +1 quality settings, and broadcast my 24x18 inch render took 278 hours. I have lots of computers and the render farm wasn't available as I was updating it for Poserpro 2010 and Carrera 8 beta, all it kept me from doing was using Vue. I was hospitalized for 5 of those days so no worries.
The bottom line is I love 30 minute renders, but can you print them in large format and still love how they look, maybe but i prefer to wait.

peregrino05 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:51 AM

There is some method to drastically reduce the rendering time?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.