Wed, Oct 23, 3:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Unable to load any model/figure in Poser 8?

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 6:59 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 3:29 AM

I have installed P8 & when I load up the GUI, I can only see the defualt skeleton figure in P8.  I went to models, library & can't find V4 model?  Maybe I am looking at the wrong place?  what is the correct place to find model?  How to load P8 model / figure in P8? My content free paradise doesn't work at all?  Any help appreciated?

mackis3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 7:10 PM · edited Sun, 28 March 2010 at 7:12 PM

Do you have a V4 model? They don't come with Poser.

She is a free figure (without morphs) at DAZ:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/generation-4-bundles?cat=1025

If you have installed her, she should be under 'Figures', Poser has no folder named 'models'.

The P8 models Ryan and Alyson are under 'Figures' and you double click them to load them. If you don't understand the early steps read the manual (in the folder for Poser at Program Files) that will answer a lot of questions.

Belladzines ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 7:56 PM

Under Figures > Daz People to be more precise ....

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 3:04 PM

If you have Poser 8 and Vista,  SmithMicro and DAZ load their figures in different places.

SmithMicro loads all their stuff under C:/ Users/Public/Public Documents/Poser 8 Content.
DAZ loads all their stuff under C/Program Files (x86)/SmithMicro/Poser 8 (DAZ looks for where the Poser.exe file is located).  Jan

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 11:38 AM

I get a msg content paradise is unavailable when I click on it!!!
I don't have c:/users dir for P8!
DAZ works.

mackis3D ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 2:57 PM

Why are you clicking on Content Paradise? I thought you were asking why you can't load V4 into Poser?

You must not have a C:/Users/dir, nor do I have it, I don't understand Plutons answer either. It does not matter where new stuff is installed to, the thing is you have to bring it in the Runtime and how the Runtime is structured you should know, read the manual.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 3:25 PM · edited Sat, 03 April 2010 at 3:26 PM

Let's start with you giving some basic details to stop people giving random answers :-

What version of Windows are you using ?
What directory is P8 installed in ?
What choice did you make for the content directory when installing P8 ?
What directory is V4 installed in ?

Bonus questions
Have you successfully used V4 with a previous version of Poser (if you have one or more) ?
Have you added the Runtime with V4 in using P8 ?

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 3:29 PM

Quote - Why are you clicking on Content Paradise? I thought you were asking why you can't load V4 into Poser?

You must not have a C:/Users/dir, nor do I have it, I don't understand Plutons answer either. It does not matter where new stuff is installed to, the thing is you have to bring it in the Runtime and how the Runtime is structured you should know, read the manual.

If you are loading DAZ figures, it does matter where you are loading the base figure.  It requires to be installed in the same file as the Poser 8 .exe is located.  That is what the instructions for loading DAZ 4.2 figures or morphs state.  Other new stuff, no it doesn't matter.  Jan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.