Fri, Oct 4, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Doctor Who

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 9:30 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 1:51 PM

Watched the first episode with the new Doctor last night.....All I can say is I really, really hope it gets better than that, it was easily one of the worst episodes for a while IMO.
Anyone else have an opinion??

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 9:45 AM

Quote - Anyone else have an opinion??

More teenaged policewomen in miniskirts would do wonders for the crime stats :woot:

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 10:02 AM

LOL, yea I have to agree, prolly the best part of the whole show....

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 10:03 AM

strange. the opinions I'm seeing elsewhere totally disagree.... (and that includes one Forum I know where they constantly slated every Eccleston / Tennant show... they loved last nights)

well I won't get to see it till the 17th....

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 10:12 AM

Tennant was easily the best of the modern era Doctors IMO, it's a shame he left.
Last nights episode just left me cold and wondering what the hell they'd done to the show, I really hope it improves.
I won't stop watching it after last nights episode but if it continues in that way I may have to rethink that.
I really hope it gets better;  by the way, my criticism isn't aimed at the actor, more the story and how it was put across...

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 3:59 PM

I'll miss David Tennant for sure, but I'll probably give this guy a chance (I live in the states, so I get my fix via BBC America, a bit later than the original air date, so it's the 17th for me, also).

Is Russell Davies still writing the show? He had a very distinct style, and if he's moved on as well, I can see where the show would be very different (not necessarily better or worse, but certainly different...)

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 4:47 PM

I think this one was written by someone called Steven Moffat...

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 5:01 PM · edited Sun, 04 April 2010 at 5:02 PM

correct

Steven Moffat  who wrote 'The Girl in the Fireplace', 'Blink', 'The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances', 'Time Crash', 'Silence in the LIbrary/Forest of the Dead' for the show, now runs Doctor Who.

and infact quit writing for Steven Speilberg to do so.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:07 AM

thefixer
Forum Coordinator

HELLO!  ....

Does this issue have some Renderosity connection?

My BEST,

TallPockets

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:29 AM

no, but who made you boss? ...oh.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:52 AM

Kaibach: HELLO! .... NO one made ME BOSS .... YOU? .... I was MERELY ASKING if this was somehow connected with Renderosity in some way so we ALL could benefit if so.

BREATHE DEEP, KIND SOUL.

My BEST, TallPockets

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:55 AM

Kaibach: NICE avatar, btw. WINK.

My BEST,

TallPockets

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:57 AM

could you stop emphasing like that when you are talking to me? I don't need YOU doing THIS.

but no, you did'nt come across as someone asking about benefits to Rendo, more a 'how can I make trouble here'

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:59 AM

Kaibach: I TALK this way online. Have for YEARS (Check out my gallery and postings and comments).  SMILES.

When I say THANKS or MY BEST, do you take OFFENSE at that too?

As for making trouble, my avatar lacks the inference yours does. WINK.

BREATHE DEEP, KIND SOUL.

My BEST to you,

TallPockets/brian.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:00 AM

PEACE, GOOD health ....

TallPockets

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:02 AM

Quote - Kaibach: I TALK this way online. Have for YEARS (Check out my gallery and postings and comments).  SMILES.

When I say THANKS or MY BEST, do you take OFFENSE at that too?

As for making trouble, my avatar lacks the inference yours does. WINK.

BREATHE DEEP, KIND SOUL.

My BEST to you,

TallPockets/brian.

it was a simple request but if you can't speak normally please do not reply to me. it's simpler than me getting annoyed.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:22 AM

Kaibach: HELLO. I DO talk NORMALLY.  I find it puzzling that you find it annoying?

It takes TWO to continue any conversation, KIND SOUL.

(Btw: I can't even begin to tell you Kaibach, how MANY times I've gotten HEAT for calling peoples KIND SOUL .... What does THAT say about OUR current WORLD?")

To CLEAR up my ORIGINAL INTENT >

A short while back, ClintNewsham posted HERE in the Community Center Forum of HIS work  and CONNECTIONS in an ANIMATED movie.

I was simply ASKING above IF this thread had anything to do with Renderosity folks in a SIMILAR manner.

~SIGH~

My BEST again,

TallPockets

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:44 AM · edited Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:49 AM

**FINAL Note:

My ORIGINAL post was DIRECTED TO the following, specific person, by NAME .... thefixer ....

IF said person WOULD have been offended somehow, I would guess 'they', being a 'forum co-ordinator', would be more than capable of saying such to this DUMB old man. ~SIGH~

thefixer**
Forum Coordinator

HELLO!  ....

Does this issue have some Renderosity connection?

My BEST,

TallPockets

PEACE ....

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 11:42 AM

TallPockets,

I'm not really sure of why you decided to get involved in this conversation if you didn't have any input on the original subject,  but I AM going to answer for my staff member, thefixer. 

Other than there being numerous Renderosity members that are into Doctor Who, no this does not have any real "renderosity connection" per say but we do sometimes allow OT threads to stay if there is no ill intent.

Respectfully, I must say, The way you asked the original question was with a little underhanded sacrcasm IMO

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:09 PM · edited Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:50 PM

LOL Stacey, thanks..
If I may add also I posted it in the Community forum so that it wouldn't infringe on any of the actual art software forums.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 1:20 PM

I understand Gwyn, no problem at all!

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 2:08 PM

A general tip for those that feel a thread is against some site policy, contact the one of the relevant mods, coords, or admins and let them deal with it.
Posting complaints about policy violations in the thread only gets on peoples nerves and turns threads that are actually OK into train wrecks (because it's very hard resisting the temptation to savage the complainer).

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 6:36 PM

*crackle * zzt

Uh, unit 1-12, we've got a report of a thread hijacking in progress in a R'osity forum... are you on the scene?

pzz-zzt*

Roger that Base, we are on scene and the situation is already stabilized. No casualties, as near as we can see.

sprrt  zzt*

Copy, 1-12... do one more sweep and we'll log it a closed issue.

crackle spark

Ten-four, Base. We're out.

spzz-tzz  squee

:lol:

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 6:44 PM

Captain Jack, thank you for the laugh. That was great

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 5:51 AM · edited Wed, 07 April 2010 at 5:54 AM

StaceyG: HELLO! Thanks for your comments. MUCH appreciated. However, my INTENT of my ORIGINAL post was to see WHO, if anyone, from Renderosity, MIGHT have been associated with this Doctor Who.

Point of FACT, was that IF someone from HERE HAD been associated with such, I would have offered said person a CONGRATS!

For I think that if any member or staff member from THIS WONDERFUL site get additional acclaim, it reflects WELL on this site ... 

There was NO sarcasm EVER intended, KIND SOUL. ~SIGH~

Which is WHY that I PURPOSELY led off my ORIGINAL post to thefixer with a ''HELLO''! ....

As in HI! ... As in a ''GOOD'' HELLO! ... NOT a 'sarcastic' remark at all ... SIGH ....

I also posted on the BLUSH thread here ... Does anyone want to misconstrue that one too?

I visit this forum a few times only per YEAR ... Which I'm sure you and some are HAPPY about ... GRINS .... I don't become a serial forum commenter as some appear to do here ... And I don't have ANY issues with topics here .... On or off topic, KIND SOUL ...

.However, I have NO ill INTENT as you seem to think ... SIGH ....

BTW: And this IS a sarcastic remark .... THANKS, Stacey for jumping in FOR thefixer .... It appears you lack confidence in your own staff persons? SIGH.

BREATHE DEEP  .... PEACE and GOD bless ALL.

TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 6:00 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2042063

PEACE .... SIGH

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 6:13 AM

What's that I hear? Ah yes... the lovely, dulcet clicking tones of a padlock, nearby, getting ready to be slammed down...

Such a fun sound it is...

:biggrin:

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 9:14 AM

TallPockets,

The intent is very obvious  so if you don't have any productive, constructive comments to add about the original post, please do not post in this thread.
It's ashame that a simple relaxing discussion had to be side tracked in this way. Sorry thefixer for that.

Please any future postings to this thread needs to be on the topic of the original post. I will not allow it to be derailed any further by those wanting to do so.

Thank you

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 9:25 AM

studying the new TARDIS console, I love the engraved Gallifreyian text on the panels...

I wish I could find a font version... I have an idea for my own TARDIS now...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 1:47 PM

You can either google for free fonts site that has sci fi or futuristic fonts or has fonts named gallifreyan fonts or Dr. Who font...

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 1:49 PM

first thing I did ;)

I did find about 1/2 dozen photoshop brushes.. but nothing I can use properly....

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 5:36 PM

I don't know what the font looks like (haven't been paying close enough attention, I guess) but have you tried www.jabroo.com? I get most of my specialty fonts through them. Search engine's not all it could be,  but they do have quite a collection of free (for most uses) fonts. 

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 6:00 PM

ah no...
this link of the Ninth/Tenth Doctor's TARDIS shows it

www.doctorwhoworld.org.uk/Images/sitegraphics/tardis6.jpg

there on the Post-It notes. that's Gallifreyan. the Production Team have an actual Font of that...

I'm seriously thinking of writing to them.. .. think if I show them my own TARDIS ( farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2738256377_ab04f8f13a_o.jpg ) they;d be nice?

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 6:31 PM

Quote - ah no...
this link of the Ninth/Tenth Doctor's TARDIS shows it

That does seem to stretch the bounds of TrueType, I'll give ya that.

Quote - I'm seriously thinking of writing to them.. .. think if I show them my own TARDIS ( farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2738256377_ab04f8f13a_o.jpg ) they;d be nice?

Only if it's bigger on the inside than the outside. 😄

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2010 at 1:22 PM

Part 2 tonight, just watched it.....MARVELLOUS............
Back on form tonight, this episode was much, much more enjoyable than the first one..Phewww!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2010 at 3:38 PM

I seem to recall most doctors got off to a bit of a rocky start, though... I was sure I wasn't going to like Peter Davison at first, having gotten so attached to Tom Baker. After a while, though, I think he was my favorite until David Tennant.

The Doctor, James Bond, Superman... in the end, I don't much mind who's acting and who's writing for 'em, I just love the concept.

Plus, I really, really, really wanna go on a TARDIS ride. 😄

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 12:47 PM

Episode 3...the Daleks are back..............Eekkk!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:15 PM

My corporate overlords had me working all weekend, and I missed the first episode when it aired here. I'll be away from civilization (well, no cable TV anyway) this coming weekend, so I guess I'll mess the next one too.

:sad:

Hopefully, my cable company will put it in rotation in their "on demand" area soon, and I can catch it then. Wish BBC America did on-line reruns...

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:55 PM

jack, congrats on the engagemt - she's getting a real keeper!

however, i tried (twice) to watch ep. 1 of who.  it started out o.k. - some dweeb with no eyebrows
who failed at "rocky horrorshow" auditions was hanging out of the police kiosk whilst it careened
about london, but then he was in a kitchen with a little girl, spitting out food, hence I switched off.
..... 45 min. later there were some scenes of the dweeb running around with a cell phone and
some shiny big-toothed 3d thing whose lighting didn't match the scene, as if they'd used poser
8 to render it with IDL off and no raytracing/shadows. 

it's good to know that ep 2 and 3 are gonna be watchable.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 11:53 AM

Quote - and some shiny big-toothed 3d thing whose lighting didn't match the scene, as if they'd used poser 8 to render it with IDL off and no raytracing/shadows. 

It's an interdimensional multi-form from outer space... what should it look like.....?

buggered if I know.. not like there's a book showing you photo's of them....is there?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.