Sat, Aug 3, 10:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Offloading Bryce Processing to a server

astewart ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 1999 at 1:14 PM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 7:45 PM

Hello there. I installed Bryce on a dual processor machine, and then tried to access it through a shared drive.. Umm..aside from actually running bryce on that machine..is there a way to ..sort of render using that machine's processorS? It seems that although I am runnning the program off the shared drive, it is still happily using my local processor etc. :) I was just..dreaming hee hee..that perhaps there was some way to utilise that dual processing power :)

astewart ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 1999 at 1:25 PM

In the first place..would Bryce utilise the second processor under NT??

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 1999 at 11:16 AM

If I remember from another post a couple of months ago Bryce is not supported by either a network or by duel processers. You must dedicate one process for Bryce. (some people dedicate one processer for Bryce and one for Poser so they can render at the same time.) Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 1999 at 11:52 AM

Bryce does not support duel Cpu's I did a test a while back to prove this. I did a render of 2 big glass balls at 10" X 8" X 300 dpi on 2 systems A. PII 300 with 128 meg Win 98. B. Duel PII 450 with 128 MEG Win NT. The Diff in rendering time was 33% faster. This proved that Bryce only used 1 CPU. The render speed increase was the same as the CPU clock speed increase. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 1999 at 11:55 AM

One more thing to keep in mind: Rendering programs like RAM. the more you have the better. Keep this in mind when you multi-task. or better yet, Don't multi-task. keep your system cleen and your sys tray empty. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 1999 at 1:44 PM

Bryce does not support Dual CPUs. (Poser and RDS too) Tell MC that you want bryce runnuing on a dual CPU system and hope they will do it in Bryce 5. (..but I think they are working on this problem :-) ) Christian

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

elfsong ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 1999 at 3:21 PM

Ummm...I'm not certain but I believe that an application must be written specifically to make use of the multi threading capabilities of a multiple pcocessor system, and so far I don't think any of Meta's products are (except possibly Ray Dream?).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.