Sun, Sep 15, 11:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 Project Guide won't start up

rwd09 ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 7:35 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 2:50 AM

New install of Poser Pro 2010 on Mac OS 10.5.8. The Quick Start window opens but the Project Guide does not start up. The following is the error message -- NULL (or empty) script name passed to PEPythonEngine::DoScript() --. Click OK in the dialog box leaves a blank window which supposedly would hold the Project Guide. Single user Mac. Python folders and frameworks set to read write privileges for everyone.

Any ideas as to why this isn't working?

Bob

Gini ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 8:30 AM · edited Wed, 07 April 2010 at 8:41 AM

I'm on an iMac, 10.6.3 .
Tried to see if I could replicate your problem  however it does work as it should on my set-up.

In the meantime, until someone comes along who can be more helpful:
if you look in
Applications>PoserPro2010>runtime>Python>PoserScripts>Projects  
the hmtl files for what you should be seeing in that window are there. (And if they aren't there that will be one reason why they won't open.)
If you click on them they'll open in your browser and at least you can read the info in them that way.

3 things I'd try myself:

-A full re-install of Poser just to see if that does the trick with a full system restart after.

-consider updating Python on your machine.
Info here: http://python.org/download/
Apparently Leopard has 2.5 installed but perhaps updating to 2.6.5 will do the trick.
(I just checked and I have 2.6.4 on my machine)
Maybe ask about this in the Mac forum here for more info on updating it.

-Definitely submit a bug ticket with SmithMicro to report this problem if it persists.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.