Wed, Sep 25, 12:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: help: animation timelines

peregrino05 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:00 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

Hello, sorry if I upset about a silly question but is that nowhere have I found what I want. I'm used to using Flash where you can put the time of animation, I mean a ball rolling starts at minute 0 to minute 8, alongside a square begins to move in the 4th minute and up to 9 minutes so the ball disappears image in 8 minutes which is when we have graduated.
Vue 7 But I have not found anything similar or I do not know how to do it because I have tried but something is wrong because even though I put it in different beginnings and endings, it does not mean that they act independently on different time lines.
Please could you help me? thank you

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 10:36 AM

Don't know Flash, so I really can't compare.
In Vue, you can use different units in the timeline, like in any 3D app: seconds, frames and SMPTE (hour, minute, second, frame)
Default is seconds, but you can change it to the units you want by right clicking the timeline and choosing the " show time as" options.
If you want a ball at zero (frame or second), load the ball when the cursor on the timeline is at zero.
Next, you want a square at 4 seconds, right? Drag the cursor at second number 4, and add your square. Next go to 8 seconds and delete the ball.
Each action is recordeded automatically IF and only if you have automatic keyframing on, if auto keyframes isn't on you need to right clcik the timeline cursor after the action was created and choose "keyframe, add keyframe, and choose what kind of keyframe you want (all properties, or other available choices depending on the action that happened)
Best is to have auto keyframing on, so you don't need to record each keyframe (with the possibility to forget to record a keyframe), of course it will add keyframes to all properties, which may not be needed, and may slow down processing the animation.
To enable autokeyframing, make a long left click or a right click on the keyframe icon next to the timeline (it looks like a key).

Cherryman ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 2:28 PM

I'm sorry Bruno, but i think i misunderstood you.

Deleting or creating / loading object will not be recognised by keypoints.

As far as my knoledge the only way is making it either invincable with animated material/scaling or moving it very quickly out of side.

peregrino05 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 3:35 PM

thanks Bruno for help, Cherryman how could do you?

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 7:48 AM

OOpps, you're right Cherryman, this doesn't work. So sorry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.