Sat, Oct 5, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Difference or a problem with gizmos in Vue 8?

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 12:18 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:18 AM

file_451626.JPG

Hi all,

Once again I come with a question. I noticed a difference in the gizmos between Vue 7 inf and Vue 8 inf when it comes to poser imports. I have attached two images to show the difference or maybe I don't have something set right in my preferences.

In Vue 7 Inf the gizmos are inside the box however, the gizmos in Vue 8 on a imported poser figure are way off to the side a great distance they are not inside or directly in the figure. But if I select individual parts of the poser figure like clothes or shoes the gizmos are directly on those items. Again when the entire figure is selected the gizmos go back to being really far away from the figure.
Is this something Vue 8 is not doing or my set up in some way? I am using Vue 8 Inf version 8.00-04
build 47776 on Vista 64-bits.

The fist image is Vue 7 the second is Vue 8.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page

Cherryman ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 2:21 PM · edited Tue, 20 April 2010 at 2:22 PM

It could be that youre pivot point is not in the middle of the object.  Try resetting the pivot point and see if it still is outside the box.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 2:27 PM

Take a look at the pivot point for the Poser figure (Numerics tab, upper right corner of Vue interface).  More than likely is is not in the center of the figure. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 3:18 PM

Thanks! One more question will I need to do this each time I import a figure?

My Facebook Page

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 4:50 PM

Should not have to - maybe the pivot point for this figure was off. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 10:08 AM

Nope the gizmos don't stay but I did discover that if your poser figure is not dead center, or the default position, when imported the gizmos are off.

Also if I import a poser figure un-grouped then re-group it the gizmos are dead center on the figure.
I am very new to Vue 8 and I have found there are some smaller things different than Vue 7 maybe this is one of them.

My Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.