Tue, Oct 22, 5:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Crossdresser Question

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 10:32 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:33 AM

file_451619.png

I converted the old Ants pants for Matt to the new kids4, the top converted well, but I am having a problem with the pants. I keep getting a hole in the left leg, like a polygon is missing. Any one know how to fix this?

Thanks

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 11:22 AM

See if that one poly is added to the other thight group if so it might be what has happened if not yell  again and we can look at other thing that might do this

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 12:01 PM

Quote - See if that one poly is added to the other thight group if so it might be what has happened if not yell  again and we can look at other thing that might do this

How do I do that?

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 12:04 PM

well in poser you would  look in the group tool and see if when you click it and see what groups show up

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 1:11 PM

Ok it looks like it should be apart of the lshin group but there are no random polygons highlighted red where they shouldn't be. There is also another hole on the same leg nearly in line with the pocket, which I didn't notice initially.

Helen Keller

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 6:54 PM

Try selecting the right thigh group and then the right shin and see if that one or two polys on the left leg highlight.

Also, render it, and then note if the hole is there, or is gone, or if the errant polys show up but are a bit shadowed.  Those two polys may have their normals facing inward.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quote - Try selecting the right thigh group and then the right shin and see if that one or two polys on the left leg highlight.

Also, render it, and then note if the hole is there, or is gone, or if the errant polys show up but are a bit shadowed.  Those two polys may have their normals facing inward.

That is what I did, & as I said in the post above yours, no there weren't any errant polys& yes they are definite holes.

Helen Keller

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:12 AM · edited Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:14 AM

If that missing polygon is actually the very last one listed in the .obj, then this would happen if the .obj file lacks a line feed at the end.  Poser seems to require that extra blank line at the end of a .obj which is being used as a figure geometry, although it will import such a .obj file without the same error.  If the geometry is being used as a figure base, Poser apparently just stops reading the file and the last "f" line is skipped.

Just a guess.  That might not be the problem at all.  If more than one polygon is being affected, that's definitely not the problem.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:47 PM

No that doesn't seem to be the problem Cage, but thanks for the suggestion.

Helen Keller

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:51 PM · edited Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:54 PM

Oh well.  It was just a guess.  😊

Have you imported the converted .obj file to verify that it has the same holes?  Do the holes fall anywhere near a weld seam, where one .obj group would meet another?  The "f" lines section of the .obj can get awfully jumbled.

You might try running the .obj through something like UV Mapper or Stomp which is known to fix many .obj problems upon export.

I'll stop guessing.  :lol:  😊

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 1:57 PM

It is actually on a group seam, between the lshin &lthigh groups, & when I looked at the obj in an old version of Cinema 3d I have, it looks like vertices are missing.

Oddly enough though, I just tried importing the obj in Poser like you suggested, & it doesn't show the missing vertices when I do that.

Helen Keller

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 2:03 PM · edited Wed, 21 April 2010 at 2:06 PM

Quote - Oddly enough though, I just tried importing the obj in Poser like you suggested, & it doesn't show the missing vertices when I do that.

It shouldn't be missing vertices, unless the .obj isn't welded at the actor seams.  This seems like a problem somewhere in the "f" lines of the .obj, which is preventing Poser from reading all of the polygons properly.  Running the .obj (or a copy of it) through UV Mapper may clean up the "f" lines which define the polygons and correct the problem.

Edit: For that matter, exporting from Poser might fix the problem, if it is just jumbled face lines in the .obj....

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 2:04 PM

I have UV mapper Pro, but have no idea how to do what you suggest. Could you do a step by step please, thanks.

Helen Keller

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 2:09 PM · edited Wed, 21 April 2010 at 2:10 PM

Quote - I have UV mapper Pro, but have no idea how to do what you suggest. Could you do a step by step please, thanks.

It's a pretty simple idea.  Err, hopefully it is, anyway.  :lol:  You want to re-name the current .obj, say by adding the suffix "_OLD" or "_BAD" to the file name.

Then open the bad .obj in UV Mapper (or Poser, whatever program you want to use) and just save it out again.  When you save it, save as the original name, before you re-named the file.  Don't overwrite the original.  (Unless you want to for some reason.)

So you basically end up replacing the .obj which the .cr2 will read when it creates the figure, while backing up the original.

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 8:04 PM

LOL well I screwed that up badly.

Using UV Mapper & the default settings, it made the 2 thigh groups disappear when I opened it again in Poser.

Using Poser the whole thing disappeared, something loaded,but nothing was there.

Helen Keller

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 8:16 PM · edited Wed, 21 April 2010 at 8:17 PM

file_451693.jpg

> Quote - LOL well I screwed that up badly. > > Using UV Mapper & the default settings, it made the 2 thigh groups disappear when I opened it again in Poser. > > Using Poser the whole thing disappeared, something loaded,but nothing was there.

That's... unexpected.  :lol:  What export options did you use, in either case?  The attached shows the options I've used when doing this sort of thing with a .obj file.

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 9:05 AM

Thanks, I just got home from work, will have a go with those in the morning.

Helen Keller

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.