Wed, Sep 18, 11:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: What's the best Galadriel dress?

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 1:25 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 1:18 PM

Is there still one out there? Tried Renderosity, DAZ, and DNA. There was something close for Stephanie at DAZ, and some lace bridal stuff and expansion pack for Morphing Fantasy Dress that could be useful, but I'm looking for a V3 Morphing Fantasy dress texture from the good old days, plus maybe some hair. Even a Cate Blanchett morph would be nice. Most people expect Galadriel to look like her now, which is okay.
(Always looking for a forum to create some of my favorites including Superman, Christopher Lee's version of Dracula, and others.)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 3:40 AM

What's a Galadriel dress?  Did you by any chance mean gladiatorial dress?  If so, that'd depend on what type of gladiator he was.  There were all kinds.
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

odf ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:01 AM · edited Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:02 AM

@David: Galadriel is character from Lord of the Rings.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 9:17 AM · edited Tue, 27 April 2010 at 9:18 AM

@odf: Never read The Lord or the Rings, only The Hobbit.
If he'd asked about Gandaf, or had said Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings, I'd have known what he was talking about.
dph

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hmm...not sure exactly what constitutes a 'Galadriel' dress...presume you mean the movie?
There's any number of medieval dresses out there, but as a guy, I'm hardly the expert...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 1:02 PM

file_451965.jpg

Oops! I thought the series of 3 movies was at least as famous as Star Wars, but the world has forgotten already. I wouldn't even try to refer to the books. Books are usually useless for visual artists. It's safer to go with the movie.

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 1:03 PM

file_451966.jpg

Here's another one.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 1:31 PM

If I remember correctly I have seen something like that type of dress at DAZ. But, when I looked DAZ I couldn't find it.  Someone may be able to make something like this for you. :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 2:41 PM

You take the Morphing Fantasy Dress, and add a lacy texture!
dph

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 2:53 PM

"You take the Morphing Fantasy Dress, and add a lacy texture!
dph"
I think you're right, DPH! The same thing occurred to me.
As for the rest of it, looks like that parade has passed. I guess six years is too long. I wonder how many Poser Avatar products will be available in 6 years?

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 3:07 PM

Look at my struggles to make a retelling of a Victorian Romance story using my remapped Posette & Dork (You can see the renders in my gallery).  You're just going to have to improvise, -but that can be BOTH fun and enlightening at one and the same time.
dph

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 4:15 PM

(Talos)

Quote - ... looks like that parade has passed.

"Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel

"...but there were some who resisted."  Galadriel

I'm still in that parade, and ever will be.  A lot of my modeling is Tolkienesque.
gazebo

cottage

towered walls

observatory flet

Miri's treehouse

elven boat

Beth Vinyamar from the Silmarillion

The last one is an in-progress modular underground elvish fortress from The Silmarillion, called Beth Vinyamar.
The rest of the models are posted in the FaerieWylde.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 5:15 PM

Ooh! Pretty! That's what I think. It's Lord of the Rings, come on. It was around long before Star Wars, and Return of the King got an Oscar for best picture, the first time a real fantasy film has ever been honored that way. That is beautiful modeling work.  Goes great with the good old DAZ multiplane cyclorama. I don't think I've ever seen a Holstein unicorn before. :-)

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 6:11 PM · edited Tue, 27 April 2010 at 6:20 PM

(Talos)

Quote - I don't think I've ever seen a Holstein unicorn before. :-)

I'm a fireman, so I consider him a dalmatian unicorn. ^^

Clothing is not my forte', so I'll defer to any proper clothier who would make a Galadriel dress, but if none steps up, I'll add it to my "to-do" list.  I would have to go with a dynamic dress, though - I could not make something that flowing in a conforming version.  In any case, right now I'm fully engaged building a new version of TinkerBell's Drive-In Cafe', so it would be a while.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:16 PM

Quote - Is there still one out there? Tried Renderosity, DAZ, and DNA. There was something close for Stephanie at DAZ, and some lace bridal stuff and expansion pack for Morphing Fantasy Dress that could be useful, but I'm looking for a V3 Morphing Fantasy dress texture from the good old days, plus maybe some hair. Even a Cate Blanchett morph would be nice. Most people expect Galadriel to look like her now, which is okay.
(Always looking for a forum to create some of my favorites including Superman, Christopher Lee's version of Dracula, and others.)

The Gown from RDNA would fill the bill nicely.  And it's on sale!!

http://www.runtimedna.com/DNA-Morphing-Fantasy-Gown-for-Victoria-3.html

Here is a veil for it:

http://www.runtimedna.com/DNA-Morphing-Fantasy-Veil-for-Victoria-3.html

It also has some wonderful texture addons too!

www.runtimedna.com/Illuminations-II-Textures-for-DNA-s-Morphing-Fantasy-Gown.html

www.runtimedna.com/Illuminations-Texture-Pack-for-DNA-Morphing-Fantasy-Gown.html

Even a pose package for it:

http://www.runtimedna.com/Magic-and-Movement-Ultimate-Pose-Package.html

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:19 PM · edited Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:21 PM

Are you looking for the dress you posted?  Runtime DNA still sells it.  Morphing Fantasy Gown for Victoria 3.  Even get the Deep Freeze price.

Oops, sorry.  Crossposted.

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 7:56 PM

That's the one. Thanks Acadia and FyreSpiryt! May all your days be blessed. (I tried looking there, but don't know what I did wrong.)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 11:43 PM

I read the book in the 70s, but I didn't remember that well in the movies what she was wearing...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 1:41 AM · edited Wed, 28 April 2010 at 1:42 AM

looking at references for the dress, it's pretty standard stuff.  the DAZ MFD with the 2 main expansion sets and a lace texture would work pretty well for most people. it has the overskirt, the queen's sleeves, and pretty much everything you'd need in a conforming version.  the RDNA dress is a good choice, too.

me, i'd prefer a dynamic version, but i'm unusual.  and i'd want to make it myself, so i'm really unusual.  i already have a similar dress in mid-development.  gah.  too much undone.

magnemoe ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 6:07 AM

Two fun facts about MFD, the V3 and V4 version use the same texture maps, and you can make the skirt part dynamic and do dynamic animations on it after you pose it.

Talos ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 1:09 PM

I didn't know the two MFD versions used the same texture maps. Thanks! I'm beginning to see the advantage of dynamic clothing. The hanging sleeves in the RDNA version are a bit stiff for posing, unless I'm doing something wrong, as usual. (I haven't got the tiara or "circlet" fitting properly yet.)
I was up until 2 AM trying to come up with a good face morph. I'd still like Cate Blanchett, but settled for "less-unlike Cate Blanchett".

Talos ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 1:12 PM

Talos ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 1:13 PM

file_452019.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.