Sun, Sep 15, 11:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: New PC

lindans ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 5:37 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 6:20 AM

I have just ordered a new pc with Windows 7 64bit, core I7 processor 860, 8MB DDR3 Memory anyone know how Vue 8, Poser7 and CS 4 runs on this type of system. Any tips??

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 6:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Any tips??  - Dump Vue and get Bryce? :lol:

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Malstorm ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 6:42 AM

it will run like a good dream!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 8:03 AM

Run  Vue as Administrator! :)

Bryster
is Bryce fully 64 bit, yet?
(Yer obviously still suffering from "election fever" hehe!)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

sittingblue ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 9:52 AM

With the computer in hand, do an over-night memory check right away with MemTest before installing apps.

Charles

tsquare ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 10:12 AM

Any Tips?   Ummmmmm......... Order a few more for us?

Teque

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 5:22 PM

Just bought a similar system myself, more RAM but slower CPU, with Vue 8, Poser 6 and Photoshop CS2.

As was said above, run and install as administrator for all of them.

I've also switched to the Windows 7 Basic theme as Illustrator CS2 causes the Aero look to switch off and you get a nasty display change.

Difficult to know if the Vue crashes are anything to do with the machine or Windows 7, or just the usual annoyance that Vue throws at us from time to time, although I did follow the tip of using the hardware pipeline for OpenGL display.

www.CambrianMoons.com

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 10:36 PM

I absolutly love my new computer!  i7 930, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 w/1GB memory, 6GB RAM now, will go to 12GB soon.  Renders at final setting are faster then preview was on my old computer.  64 bits is the way to go.  :thumbupboth:

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

erikb5 ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 7:49 AM

I'm also build myself a new system for Vue. Using a dual Xeon 5520 with 24GB and a Quadro FX3800. All that in a chassis that will have about 38 Decibels.

Motherboard : Supermicro X8DTH-6F
CPU : Dual Xeon 5520 (@2.26Ghz)
Memory : 24GB of DDR3 @1066Mhz (Speed reduced from 1333Mhz due to Xeon 5520).
Chassis : Supermicro SC743TQ-865B-SQ (SuperQuiet at 28Db)

I'm using the Vue 8 PLE for now, but once the system is complete and tested/burned-in I'm planning to get Vue 8.5 Infinite. I'm going thru the asileFX trainings right now...

Erik

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 8:02 AM · edited Sat, 15 May 2010 at 8:02 AM

My friends at work where having a go at me about buying an off the shelf computer and not building it myself, but I've got to that age where I just want it to work and know I can phone one number if it doesn't. :-)

www.CambrianMoons.com

erikb5 ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 9:22 AM

Mark, you are absolutely right. been there, build my computers myself, but that was 15 years ago. Now my time is worth more, and so I don't usually build.
This one is different, I don't have the cash to build one completly at the specs I want, so I build it over a few months, allows me to spread the cost.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 11:07 AM

I found a place on-line that builds computers and you can specify what parts you want to use.   http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

I checked out the prices and if  I had built it on my own, it would have cost about the same. Their prices are not cheap, but not overly expensive (except for the memory prices). They built it and it has a good warrenty.  Plus they did some sound damping stuff that I would not have really known what to do.  Anyway - the system runs great, runs very cool, and is super quite.  I have never had a single problem with it since I got it in March. My husband bought an Asus system from Best Buy - has had it in for warrenty service once in less than a month of having the system - bad hard drive controller. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 12:47 PM

I've only had mine six days so I would be tempting fate to suggest it was fine, but so far so good.

Getting it built by someone else means I didn't have to figure out how to install water cooling, making sure I had the right BIOS settings and any number of other things I haven't got time to be an expert in.

As it is, my Alienware Aurora looks very cool with its various running lights and other gratuitous bling, as well as being a veritable hot-rod compared to my old AMD machine; it's number crunching performance in Vue is amazing!

www.CambrianMoons.com

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 1:01 PM

Quote - I have just ordered a new pc with Windows 7 64bit, core I7 processor 860, 8MB DDR3 Memory anyone know how Vue 8, Poser7 and CS 4 runs on this type of system. Any tips??

don't install Poser to Program Files. UAC interferes and it's just easier to install Poser to like C:Poser than turn off UAC or alter security settings.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.