Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Do the eyes have it this time???

Carnifex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 1:21 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:49 PM

file_196821.JPG

OK, I tried to follow some of the suggestions for the eyes that were put forward in my last thread. So, how about this one??? The iris has a bit more variation than before. Also veins have been added to the eyeball it self and it is now more of an offwhite color. Please, comments and suggestions are kindly requested. Regards Ian

Carnifex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 1:23 PM

EEEK!! The teeth texture will be redone by the way. The standard Franco JR texture messes up on the teeth for some reason. I will probably have to make one myself... Oh well Regards Ian Ya Hya Chouhada!!!

Doom Dancer ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 1:24 PM

Man...that looks great.

Carnifex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 1:28 PM

file_196823.JPG

How about a close up???

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 2:02 PM

Much better. Very realistic.

laetia ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 2:30 PM

Looking good! Texture is awesome now! And I think the iris size is just about right (well, for a normal human being, anyway, lol!) It's just the lacrymal glands that are bugging me a little, on his right eye it looks like you see too much of it and on his left, like it's not "hugging" his eyeball too well... More apparent on the close-up, of course.

Caroline (laetia)

• MarketPlace Tester, Vendor Support Forum Moderator, and Mac Goddess.

** Je parle français; n'hésitez pas à me contacter si je peux vous être utile!

Carnifex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 3:22 PM

The fit is actually there and there is an equal amount of gland showing on either side. I see what you are referring to, but I took a look it in a different lighting setup and the illusion is caused by the shadows. Perhaps I should try radiosity next, eh?! At this time the render, at 1280X960 takes a little over nine hours and that is mainly because of the refractions in his corneas. I shudder to think how long this would take with radiosity enabled! Anybody with a fast rig and Cinema 4D 7 willing to volunteer some processor time??? Hehe Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Please feel free to add more. Regards Ian Ya Hya Chouhada!!!

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 3:38 PM

(Stares at own eyes in mirror)That close up, most people have a little more striation in their irises (or at least I do). I can see there is some there already but it's too faint compared to what I see in my own eyes.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Carnifex ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 3:50 PM

Hmm, I think that may be an individual thing, cause spurred on by your comment, I went and took a look in the mirror and in my own iris, the striations are not very apparent. I have light grey-blue eyes by the way. Like some people have a lot of dark striations mixed with areas of much lighter shades, while my own eyes are a pretty uniform color. The striations that are there look more like shadows than any real difference in color. I think I should add that the original render shows the striation more than the pic I uploaded here. I guess some of it got lost in the jpg compression. If you want to take a closer look I can send you the original tiff. Again, keep the comments coming :) Regards Ian Ya Hya Chouhada!!!

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 8:43 PM

gee, it looks pretty good, but how often are you gonna have the camera this close anyway? i hope you actually use it for all the effort you put in it... or is it just one of those "i had to do it" things? i understand that too, was up till 2am last night doing something i just had to. not till you wake up all groggy do you doubt that conviction... ;)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

laetia ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 9:08 PM

NINE HOURS of rendering? Man, that's huuuuge! That's more that a whole night's sleep, lol! Good luck! :o) I can't wait to see the final image!

Caroline (laetia)

• MarketPlace Tester, Vendor Support Forum Moderator, and Mac Goddess.

** Je parle français; n'hésitez pas à me contacter si je peux vous être utile!

burntToast ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2001 at 3:38 AM

Awesome-I liked the scar to bet you didnt think anyone noticed it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.