Thu, Sep 19, 9:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Body Parts

ausfire ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 6:21 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

Would anyone know if there is such a thing as internal body parts that look like one of those medical look images. 
There are morphs for muscles, skeletons, but is there anywhere that has heart, liver, pancreas, stomach etc? 

I use Poser 7  and so far haven't been able to find anything anywhere.  
If I knew how to make my own I would but wouldn't know where to begin!! 
Is it hard to make props?  And what program would one need to do so? 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 6:32 PM
Online Now!

The only site that may contain human anatomical body parts is turbosquid.  But be prepared for sticker shock, they are rather pricey.  Just like a transplant.

ausfire ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 6:46 PM

Thanks  I'll go look for them. 

ausfire ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 6:58 PM

Well that is exactly what I want but ouch!! on the price lol
Not understanding a lot of things.....these are 3dsMax (.max) file formats......would they work in Poser then?  Or what sort of program would one  need? 

Apple_UK ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:10 PM

Bodyworks: it has a beating heart and very good 3d roatable models of all the organs etc

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:12 PM

3d objects with a .max extension cannot be used inside Poser. They are 3D Studio native files.

You'll need .3ds, .lwo, etc. Preferrably .obj.

Laurie

ausfire ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:16 PM

Thanks Apple.....I'll go look for them then lol

Guess the tubosquid ones are out of question then.  I only have Poser lol
Thanks

ausfire ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:21 PM

Is the bodyworks the one at www . computerarts . co .uk   or is it something else? 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:25 PM

There are various body parts around. I have a set of intestines, a heart and a brain, all scavenged (uhm.. bad choice of words I guess) from various free sites over time. _dodger made a brain, EllPro made the heart and I can't remember who made the digestive system I have but it looks ok stuffed inside the old Poser skeleton L

That said, those are all years and years old, and I don't know if they're still available. Have you checked free stuff here? I'm pretty sure that's where I got the heart at least :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 7:50 PM

Attached Link: Brain

Plus: http://www.sharecg.com/v/32508/Poser/EllPros-Human-Heart

Internal Organs:
http://www.3dxtras.com/3dxtras-free-3d-models-details.asp?prodid=7308

Look at the rest of the Medical section at http://www.3dxtras as well. I think that some of them may be listed under Max but in the details, they are actually .3ds which Poser can import.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 9:29 PM
Online Now!

It sure beats grave-robbing.

ausfire ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 1:14 AM

Does anyone know how you download the internal organs at 3dxtras?
Cant find a download button but it says I've used my download credit.
Um  I only just registered so I could get it but now I cant lol

And thats the parts I really need lol
I did grab the brain and the heart though......never know when they might come in handy lol

Thanks for the links lmkenzie.

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 12:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cacheforce.com/3d-model_files/an.jpg

I got a number of anatomical meshes from Cacheforce some time ago.  The prices seemed okay to me.  I just jumped to their site & it looks like they still have them available. Have a look.

I also bought some items from Zygote (original name of DAZ3D, split off some time ago), but I recall they were quite a bit more expensive.

ausfire ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 1:48 AM

Thanks.........will go check them out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.