Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2010 at 10:51 PM

file_453096.jpg

odf, I did do some adjusting and tweaking to get the pose better and will use the adjusted pose for my render. Here is an image of the adjusted pose.

I've uploaded the other pose as a zip to the developer's site.

It is "Antonia Pose.zip" description... Test Pose arm-bend.
You can check it out if you want.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 4:27 AM
Online Now!

file_453105.txt

Okay, the problem was that you used bend and swing (or y- and z-rotation) at the same time on the shoulder. That's generally not a good idea, and it won't do you any good when you want the arm to point more or less forward. Instead, use just swing. If you want to rotate the arm up or down a bit from the forward position, use a collar twist for that.

Attached is a partial pose that fixes the problem with the left shoulder, and which I tried to get as close to your original as possible. I'm doing a before-after render at the moment and will post that once it's done.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 4:50 AM
Online Now!

file_453107.jpg

Here's the render.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:22 AM

Yes, that looks much better.

Good to know it isn't a major problem.       :)              

Schlabber ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:44 AM

Oh - geeez - sorry, read your mail but somehow gets distracted (too much family ... well, there's never too much family of course g, too much work, to less sparetime).
Maybe we can do just a quick phone call ... it's too long ago since I were active. I'll write back to you indicating my phone number.

Stephan

thewishmaster ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 9:40 AM

file_453119.jpg

Comming late to this fantastic Figure tread :)

Im almost ready with a set of Dynamic Deformers [Easy Magnetes] I'll raport bach here as soon as it's ready.

Rendergirls

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 11:43 AM

Wow, magnets!
This gal is getting famous. :)

thewishmaster ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 4:43 PM

Attached Link: Antonia Mags

file_453126.jpg

They are up on Rendergirls now If you cant wait for them to clear free stuff here.

Rendergirls

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 6:44 PM

Thanks, wishmaster !!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 7:53 PM

Yes, thanks for the mags.
I'm going to try them later tonight or tomorrow. :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 12:45 PM · edited Fri, 21 May 2010 at 12:58 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_453186.png

As I have probably mentioned before, I'm a real dunce when it comes to shaders. I notice that the shader that comes with SaintFox's "SF ToniPolygon" set, "! Classic ! FullTex", adds a red cast to the texture. I'd like to remove that red cast from the shader. Can someone please tell me what, where, and how?

P.S. I've posted a render "Sweet Antonia". My first render in quite a while.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 9:26 PM

Quote -
As I have probably mentioned before, I'm a real dunce when it comes to shaders. I notice that the shader that comes with SaintFox's "SF ToniPolygon" set, "! Classic ! FullTex", adds a red cast to the texture. I'd like to remove that red cast from the shader. Can someone please tell me what, where, and how?

P.S. I've posted a render "Sweet Antonia". My first render in quite a while.

Poser 5 would not work on this PC.
it's probaly specular,
luminance,enviroment maybe,
But ya go to texture tap.
first look for a red any thing in the shader tab change it to white.
if not there
second follow the lines off the main texture tab look for a add on with red n change to white.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 11:10 PM

Quote - As I have probably mentioned before, I'm a real dunce when it comes to shaders. I notice that the shader that comes with SaintFox's "SF ToniPolygon" set, "! Classic ! FullTex", adds a red cast to the texture. I'd like to remove that red cast from the shader. Can someone please tell me what, where, and how?

It looks like the extra reddish cast on that shader is coming from the ColorRamp node.  Try switching all of the red-gray colors in the node to straight gray.  That seemed to help in a quick test.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

dadt ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:02 AM

file_453202.jpg

The colour is also coming from theAmbient Colour, set the Ambient Value to zero. There is also a blue tint in the diffuse colour. With a combination of diffuse,ambient and alternate diffuse components the skin is giving off more light than is falling on it, ie it glows.

dadt ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:05 AM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:08 AM

file_453203.jpg

This is the texture using only the Diffuse colour and Bump.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 2:56 AM

Thanks all. I seem to have the colour cast sorted now, thanks to all your advice. It seems it was a combination of ColorRamp node and ambient Ambiant_Color.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:04 AM
Online Now!

file_453215.jpg

Okay, time for another progress report...

I've been home with a cold since Thursday, which meant I found some time to work on what I'm calling 'scale-controlled morphs' for Antonia's hands and feet (in between lots of much-needed rest, obviously). Since DAZ Studio does not support propagating scale, I could not use my normal JCM workflow for these and got into quite a number of false starts until I figured out how to do it. One crucial detail that took me embarrassingly long to understand is that by scaling an actor one also scales all the morphs applied to it. This means I had to divide that channel value by the scale of that actor to get the linear behaviour I needed.

As you see, I managed to get the mesh to deform smoothly now, but unfortunately there are some unsightly shading artifacts left that I don't completely understand yet. My best guess at the moment is that when one applies a morph, Poser does not recompute the normals after displacing the vertices. This would usually not be a big problem, since most morphs are relatively smooth and do not change the directions of faces too much. But in this case I needed to turn the sharp step created by propagatingScale into a smooth surface. So what I think we're seeing here are the normals left over from that step. At the moment, I don't have any idea as how to fix it.

Anyway, this seems to be more or less the best I can do right now. If someone who understands smooth scaling better than I do can figure out how to get that to work satisfactory on the hands and feet, I'd be more than delighted. I for one have given up, so for the time being, propagating scale it is, as much as it hurts me to leave the DAZ users behind.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:06 AM

It looks like your scaled hand is also stretching "x" as well when its being scaled up.

Maybe look at one of the Gen 4 daz people, to see how daz did it?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:15 AM
Online Now!

Quote - It looks like your scaled hand is also stretching "x" as well when its being scaled up.

That's what it looked to me too, at first, but I'm reasonably sure that that's just an optical illusion.

Quote - Maybe look at one of the Gen 4 daz people, to see how daz did it?

I guess that couldn't hurt. I have V4.2, but I haven't checked out her scaling. I'd rather not look too closely at the internals of commercial figures, since Antonia is meant to be free of any proprietary IP.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 12:42 PM

Quote - My best guess at the moment is that when one applies a morph, Poser does not recompute the normals after displacing the vertices. This would usually not be a big problem, since most morphs are relatively smooth and do not change the directions of faces too much.

I think you may be right about this.  I was recently trying to smooth Antonia's fingernails for some "glove" morphs, and once the nails were smoothed out, the Crease Angle settings at default 80 degrees still treated the old hard edges as though they hadn't been smoothed at all.  It looks like Poser just works with the un-morphed base geometry for such things.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:24 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:26 PM

file_453235.jpg

Finally, the Beach Volleyball Set for Antonia is completed.  The full package with 4 textures is available at [ my Google site](http://sites.google.com/site/amyaimei/antonia/AmyAimei_Antonia_BeachVolleyballSet.zip?attredirects=0&d=1).

I added the link to the Antonia's Wiki as well.

BluEcho, could you help me to post it to your Antonia site http://www.bluecho4u3d.com/Antonia/start.htm?

Special thanks go to odf, Cage, and lesbentley for helping me out during the process of learning ERC and making JCM.

Please help me to test it in Poser.  I tested it in DAZ Studio 3 only.

Vex ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:36 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:37 PM

file_453240.txt

I made a morph inj - I would pz2 it but apparently my poser is on strike and i don't have the DS tools to do it.

save file, change .txt extension to .zip

Vex ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:38 PM

file_453241.jpg

Here's a render of the head in DS.

Nevermind my borked lips :x i was trying to texture at the same time lol

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:40 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:42 PM

odf, for scaling, I think you may want to take a look at how DAZ did it in Victoria 4.  I think it may be easier than you think.  In fact, during the process of making the Beach Volleyball Set for Antonia, I have found that sometimes when I too concentrate on making thing to work, I ended up making it too complicated for me to finish.  I went through it already, crazy enough to make 3 JCMs for just one direction!  Now, the final version contains just 8 JCMs, half of them are mirrors.

I also found that I can modify the mesh without throwing away the JCMs for the old mesh, at least, it works in Blender.  I added and removed the vertices from the mesh created by the JCM as the same way I did it to the original mesh, the vertices order keep the same.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 4:48 PM

amy_aimei, if you go to the link you just posted, click on "members" on the menu bar and it will load a pop-up window for the upload.

I think Leo fixed it so you need to create an account but if so you just follow each link from the upload section.
Does this help?

Vex ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:38 PM

Attached Link: Download Tina for Antonia

file_453264.jpg

Day 2 of learning zBrush and playing with Antonia.

You can ignore the previous post and get the inj/rem and more refined morph here:

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:43 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:44 PM

BluEcho, thanks, I have uploaded the files.

Still remember this picture?

Now, it is Antonia's turn!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:09 PM

Go Toni, go!!!
Love the pic. :)

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 1:14 AM
Online Now!

That beach volleyball set looks amazing. I'm trying it out as we speak.

As for hand scaling in other figures: the free versions of Vickie 4.2 and Mike 4 that I have don't seem to support any scaling for the hands and feet at all. The scale dials themselves are hidden, and I haven't found any dials in the body either. Apollo Maximus has a hand scale dial to which all the individual scale channels in the hand and each finger actor are slaved. That looks about as unsatisfactory as when lesbentley tried to implement it that way for Antonia (no offense, Les, it's not your fault) and, as I suspect, for the same reasons.

If anyone knows of a free figure (or one included in any version of Poser) that has convincing scaling for the hands and feet, let me know. Until then, I think I can be reasonably happy about my solution, given the alternatives I've seen. 😉

dadt ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 1:29 AM

There is a pose file in Freestuff by Lesbentley called "Show Scale Dials V4" which unhides all her scale dials.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 1:52 AM
Online Now!

Quote - There is a pose file in Freestuff by Lesbentley called "Show Scale Dials V4" which unhides all her scale dials.

I know how to unhide dials. I was just assuming that if they hid the dials, that meant that they didn't do anything useful.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:49 AM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:50 AM
Online Now!

file_453275.jpg

Antonia trying out her new garments. I think she likes them.

It's nice to be able to post a render without having to check the nudity flag. :laugh:

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 6:54 AM

Hi odf,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.  I did that on V4 in DAZ Studio, her left hand is about 180% bigger than her right hand.

I tried the same with Antonia-123, it works too, but the forearm is affected as well, see that.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 7:24 AM
Online Now!

Hmm, when I load Vickie 4 into DAZ Studio (Version 2.3) I see a channel called HandSize that controls the scale of the hand and all finger actors as well as two channels that seem to be morphs. I couldn't see those in Poser. Is that how you produced the enlarged hand for Antonia, as well, or did you do something else?

I'll have a look at the CR2 for Vickie, unhide those channels and see if they still work the same way in Poser.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 8:20 AM
Online Now!

Okay, new rule: no DAZ figure will be mentioned in this thread ever again. If you do, I will terminate Antonia's development immediately. You have to understand, looking at DAZ content gives me brain cancer, so I'm just protecting myself. Thanks!

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 11:16 AM

file_453285.jpg

**odf**,

Perhaps the bending of the Thumb3 actor in the 123 figure could be improved. The orientation does not seem correctly aligned with the geometry, and this leads to the joints bending in an unexpected, and awkward way, looking dislocated.

I found that the following values in the Thumb3 seemed to improve the situation, though I have only done a quick test so far.

actor rThumb3:1
orientation 6 42.5 -38.241

actor lThumb3:1
orientation 6 -42.5 38.241

The Thumb2 actors also bend in an unexpected way, though it is less of a problem there, and perhaps it is necessary to maintain the current orientation in Thum2 for compatibility with the Thumb1 actor.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 12:31 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 12:32 PM

Quote - Okay, new rule: no DAZ figure will be mentioned in this thread ever again. If you do, I will terminate Antonia's development immediately. You have to understand, looking at DAZ content gives me brain cancer, so I'm just protecting myself. Thanks!

And those members with the same names as DAZ figures, will have to change their names,*Immediately! * :lol:

PS, Sorry, Baggins.... 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 12:59 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 1:00 PM

Quote - Okay, new rule: no DAZ figure will be mentioned in this thread ever again. If you do, I will terminate Antonia's development immediately. You have to understand, looking at DAZ content gives me brain cancer, so I'm just protecting myself. Thanks!

Golly.  I hope you're not serious.  I mean, the post in which you announce this fact will sink, new people will enter the thread.  Accidents will happen....  :scared:

Antonia beats any other existing figure all to pieces, in my book.  Don't worry about the hand scaling.  :thumbupboth:

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:13 PM

Great work folks!

I'm still waiting on morphs for Antonia that we can all create characters with. To me, they are the missing piece of the puzzle.

CHEERS!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - There is a pose file in Freestuff by Lesbentley called "Show Scale Dials V4" which unhides all her scale dials.

I know how to unhide dials. I was just assuming that if they hid the dials, that meant that they didn't do anything useful.

No, it's DAZ's infinite wisdom. Poser users are Dumb F's and need saving from ourselfs from using those dials. Yet they made sure DS can unhide them with a click.

Actually it was couple of people complained about all the dials and how they screwed things up using them so all Poser users have to pay for it. That is the excuse DAZ uses everytime they are asked.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 8:48 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 8:54 PM
Online Now!

Quote -
Perhaps the bending of the Thumb3 actor in the 123 figure could be improved. The orientation does not seem correctly aligned with the geometry, and this leads to the joints bending in an unexpected, and awkward way, looking dislocated.

Hey Les, Great timing! I was just working on that exact issue the other day.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 8:53 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 8:57 PM
Online Now!

Quote -
And those members with the same names as DAZ figures, will have to change their names,*Immediately! * :lol:

Exactly! If you happen to be named after the wrong Archangel or the wrong Queen of England, too bad for you. :lol:

And Cage, don't worry. I think this will be one of those laws that are never actually enforced. 😉 I was just looking for a threat that would express my annoyance appropriately while not seeming completely insubstantial.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 9:03 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2010 at 9:03 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote -
No, it's DAZ's infinite wisdom. Poser users are Dumb F's and need saving from ourselfs from using those dials. Yet they made sure DS can unhide them with a click.

Oh, I see it now. Ineffable!

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 10:06 PM

Sorry, did I say something wrong in my previous message?

BTW, the way I scale the hand of Antonia is by selecting the hand and its children, i.e., the fingers, then apply the scale to them all at once.  I did that in DAZ Studio 3.0.1.144.  This technique can be automated by a script in DAZ Studio. If it is a fixed scale value, it can be done by using a pose (.pz2 file).  Note that the same technique may not work in Poser.  The scaling effect in Poser and DAZ Studio seem to have differences.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 10:16 PM
Online Now!

Quote -
Sorry, did I say something wrong in my previous message?

No, don't worry.

Quote -
BTW, the way I scale the hand of Antonia is by selecting the hand and its children, i.e., the fingers, then apply the scale to them all at once.  I did that in DAZ Studio 3.0.1.144.  This technique can be automated by a script in DAZ Studio. If it is a fixed scale value, it can be done by using a pose (.pz2 file).  Note that the same technique may not work in Poser.  The scaling effect in Poser and DAZ Studio seem to have differences.

That's interesting. I seem to remember trying a similar thing in Poser, which led to strange effects. Anyway, if this works in DAZ and the propagating scale method works in Poser, all I need to do is provide said pz2 file for DAZ users and adjust the smooth scaling between hand and forearm, and everyone should be happy crosses fingers

odf ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 3:39 AM
Online Now!

file_453342.jpg

Okay... *drumroll*

I think I've finally managed to get the hand scaled in a way that works equally well in both Poser and DAZ Studio. Here's what I did:

1) Slaved all the scale channels in the fingers to one main channel (currently two valueParms in the BODY named 'RightHandGrow' and 'LeftHandGrow', respectively, but I'll try to get this rigged with the normal scale channels for the hands).
2) Removed the smooth scaling channels between the hand and the first actor in each finger (including the thumb).
3) Wiggled the smooth scale sliders for the remaining finger actors into positions where they wouldn't wreak havoc.

Basically nothing new, except for the 'fine print'. :laugh: I like this better than the propagatingScale solution because I don't need a special pose for DAZ Studio and there's no hard step between the hand and forearm that requires a complicated morph rig. I suppose one could add a scale-controlled morph on the elbow to give it a nicer shape when using extreme scaling factors, but I'll probably leave that up to users who really want that kind of thing.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 4:58 AM

That's going to be one HELL of a high five!

CHEERS!

amy_aimei ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:25 AM

Quote - Okay... drumroll

I think I've finally managed to get the hand scaled in a way that works equally well in both Poser and DAZ Studio. Here's what I did: ...

Wow! That's great! Antonia is one step closer to 0.9.124, right?

odf ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:35 AM · edited Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:37 AM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - Okay... drumroll

I think I've finally managed to get the hand scaled in a way that works equally well in both Poser and DAZ Studio. Here's what I did: ...

Wow! That's great! Antonia is one step closer to 0.9.124, right?

Yep! I'll try to do something similar for the feet, and then all that's left of my agenda for 0.9.124 is making some JCMs for the toes and of course copying all the new stuff into the master CR2.

Edit: forgot to say that the image in my previous post shows a Poser render on the left and a D|S render on the right. Sorry about the poor quality of the latter, but I have no experience with lights and materials in D|S, and besides it still hates my mouse.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:13 PM · edited Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:17 PM

file_453375.jpg

** odf**, don't know id you have changed the twist JP in the Toe actors since 123, if not I'd like to propose a change to the twistZ channel as per below.

startPt 0.017
endPt 0.036

P.S. Congratulations on the hand and foot scaling.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.