Mon, Oct 7, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Make your Facebook more Private.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 6:47 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:29 AM

For those concerned about their Privacy and FaceBook I recommend you go to this page and follow the instructions and see how open your Facebook profile is to the rest of the world.

This tool will help you make it more private.

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/

staigermanus ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:17 AM

Very true, and  www.securingourecity.org
Even though it's sponsored by ESET it is not a sales pitch for their product. In fact, it's not just about having antispyware software, it's a whole lot more about education and making users aware of how interconnected these social networks are, and how open to the world your postings are. Someone once said "Not everyone on the Internet is a criminal, but every criminal is on the internet."

In fact it's such a big problem now with FB that Myspace is advertising how their new default settings are Friends-only. Seen somewhere, I'll dig it up.

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:22 AM

thanks a ton.. i'm pretty fussy about my privacy since I have family and friends ranging from 5 yrs upwards.. .. and i have my privacy settings really high. Did the test..and it all came out at the maximum privacy.
Good to know that!

• rosie

staigermanus ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:47 AM

Slashdot mentions a few resources to check Facebook privacy:
http://yro.slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&type=story&sid=10/05/18/1641210

I think reclaimprivacy is one of them, good stuff.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 1:46 PM

thanx! i found some settings i wasnt aware of.

By the way, i ran it again after changing settings, and it came up with new privacy breaches. Then i scanned yet again after fixing those, and again new stuff popped up! i wonder why it doesnt warn about everything during the 1st test..

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

DAM3D ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 9:33 AM

Thank you so much for that! I appriciate it a lot. I am on Facebook and contiinue to be only because of family and friends..I would leave it all-together if it wern't for them, but this tool helps a lot.

Thanks!

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.