Fri, Sep 20, 6:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: My Insomnia Presents: Blue Defender

drewradley ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 3:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:48 AM

Here is my latest animation. The audio is from an audio play by Electric Vicuña productions (http://www.evicuna.com/) used with permission.

It's about 15 minutes long, broke into two parts. I'm sure you'll recognize a great many of the items I used.

Enjoy!

Episode 1- Rebirth An elderly man has a second chance at making the past right with a magical suit, and the power of the Blue Defender!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBNm1x098kU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc58ezRWLfU

Thank you for watching!

p.s. there are more credits on the youtube pages themselves. If you see something you created and would like direct credit for, I am happy to oblige!

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 4:42 PM

WOW, they were great!! But now I'm hooked - what happens next?!

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 6:25 PM

An incredible piece of animation!  I'm sold!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 6:32 PM

Wow. That is awesome work.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 4:21 AM

Very entertaining.. The dedication and effort shows. The storyline were good (yes I watched all of them)  and the voices didn't sound like they were done in a tin can.  You really did a good job.

I liked the feel of the Cold Equation the opening had a feel of a Twilight Zone episode (black and white episodes).   Watching your animations makes me want to give it a try.

drewradley ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 9:18 AM

Thanks everyone! I think they are recording episode two this summer. In the mean time I'm working on another Electric Vicuna production.

FightingWolf, Believe it or not, I only started animating few years ago. Did you watch "The Hardest Fall" on my youtube? That was my very first attempt, other than the occasional spinning logo. It's addictive once you get started. And like all addictions, it can be expensive. Now, I have about ten thousand motion captures and animated poses I bought. That adds up pretty quickly. I keep saying, I've all I need, until I find another motion I can't live with out. :)

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

tsquare ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:12 PM · edited Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:13 PM

Very nice story and presentation!

Think of it as cheap therapy. nods big  That is what I keep telling my husband.  My poser addiction keeps me sane.  :)

Teque

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 9:35 PM

Well you COULD always save money by animating it all by hand. But that would take a lot longer to finish. Loved both episodes! Bravo!

drewradley ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 9:06 AM

Quote - Well you COULD always save money by animating it all by hand. But that would take a lot longer to finish. Loved both episodes! Bravo!

I story board in stick figures and I had this funny thought that when I become a famous film maker someone will pay big bucks for my stick figure story boards.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

hobepaintball ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 4:57 PM

This is without a doubt the best Poser animation I have ever seen. Good camera work, dynamic cloth, volumetric light and a great story. You are an insperation!!! Bravo Bravo!! I like the way you animated the eye brows for expression, and the way you made crappy hair look right in place, didn't look crappy in context. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

drewradley ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 5:34 PM

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that. I'm totally flattered that you think so!

Dynamics had to be done. Not much of a superhero without a flapping cape! shh don't tell anyone but I used a cone and a standard fire shader I altered a bit for the volumetric lighting. Not perfect but almost 100 times faster render time - literally - I timed it.

The facial expressions I owe all to Mimic. Must have for anyone even remotely interested in animating in Poser.

But again, thanks for watching and your flattering words. I may just have to quote you on that in my promos. :)

Oh, and the story was written by Jack Ward of Electric Vicuna (link above).

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

hobepaintball ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 4:10 PM

There were alot of credits at the end. How did you get so many working on an apparently non comercial project? How were the charactors created? you say you used a lot of BVH, how did you cure the offset above the ground BVH usuaal cause in Poser?

drewradley ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 4:35 PM

I work with a very good group of people who create amateur audio dramas. When i was trying to put together voices for some earlier animations (The Villainy You Teach) I discovered www.audiodramatalk.com - a forum dedicated to people creating audio plays. I needed audio help and people on there were more than happy to volunteer to add their expertise to my animations. We hope to help each other find fame and fortune in the entertainment industry. :)

As for the offset, that is actually pretty easy to fix: Turn off the IK on both feet, then select the hip and open the graph editor. Drag the slider out so you can see all the frames. Next, select all the key frames in the entire Y-axis range. Finally hold the "control" button and you can drag all key frames at once.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

hobepaintball ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 6:21 PM

Very interesting how you collaberated on that. Thanks for the BVH tip, sometimes the python drop all frames to floor can wreck a bvh.
The characters  seem very origional, did you model them or their heads in a modeling app, or are the artful morphs? And lastly render farm or good time management?

drewradley ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 6:56 PM · edited Wed, 26 May 2010 at 7:00 PM

Collaboration is the only way to get any animation done. One person just can't do it all and get anything done!

Figures are Hiro and Aiko toon and some store bought morphs for both of them. I also used some magnets to further morph them.  Here: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/search/searchsub/?_m=d&sstring=hiro+toon&x=0&y=0 (the base figure, the faces and the TINT Nation for Hiro and Aiko).

Lastly, little bit of both really. Basically, every other year, I upgrade my computer and turned the last one into a render machines. I also have the process pretty well figured out so I know what slows things down the most and can usually get my render times down to 1-2 minutes per frame. On my new i7 computer I can have a render going and still be working with no noticeable slowdown.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.