Fri, Sep 20, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do I get rid of that smile?

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 8:39 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:24 AM

file_453214.jpg

Ok, another problem with my evil guy is that I can't seem to get rid of this slight upturn to the mouth at the corners so my evil guy looks like he's smiling. I just want a flat horizontal mouth line at like the mouth in image on the bottom of the screenshot.

I've worked with various settings and it just doesn't seem to go away.
Any suggestions you evil masters?

Michael

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 8:54 AM

Evil guys always have a slight smile.  The model knows exactly  what he's doing!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 8:57 AM

My evil guy has no smile, sorry ockham. He's real evil and he's having a bad day.

Michael

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:52 AM

pardon, but what morphs do you have dialed for him?  and what figure is he?

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hi kobaltkween,

He is a David and what morphs would you like to see?
There is mouth, lips, smile and each effect the smile,
but I think I've worked it to just about where I want it, thank you
for the desire to help.

Michael

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:34 AM

cool! i was just asking because knowing what morphs you're using makes it possible to understand how to counteract them.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:41 AM

"And that's how you turn a smile upside down" - Blade III

Ok, that's not what he said, but why not just add a touch of 'frown' to it on the dials. Wouldn't that work?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:44 AM

What setting did you give the frown morph? Also smile morphs can be used in reverse. Practically any morph can be used with negative values for an opposite effect.

Another thing is I think it's a sort of optical illusion going on here. As far as I can see, the corners of the mouth ARE horizontal, but his soft and ...er... kissable... amor bow on the lips makes it look like he's smiling when he's really not. 

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 10:36 AM

like the Joker

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Madrigal ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 2:08 AM · edited Mon, 24 May 2010 at 2:08 AM

If you buy Capsces Digital Ink Hitoro for Hiro at Daz, then go over to Capsces' site -

www.capsces.com/

She has a version to use on David and there's a 'mouth curve' morph that might do the trick for you :)

911-69.blogspot.co.uk/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.