Fri, Sep 20, 9:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Blood elf animated in poser

skamotion ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 5:51 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:28 AM

Attached Link: Blood Elf

Here's a little clip I animated in Poser7. Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your thoughts as I know there's not much animation here on this site.

Cheers

SKA

blf ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 5:54 PM

very cool

Santel ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:31 PM

loved it, very nice!

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:41 PM

very impressed!!
fantastic work.

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:42 PM

great work love to see  more

BrendaJa ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 8:12 PM

That's really good, how long did that take you to make? 😄

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 8:50 PM

Well done!

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:32 PM

Excellent! I never heard of a blood elf- but that was fantastic, Where did you get the Mo Cap?

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:38 PM

Excellent

skamotion ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 12:33 AM

Attached Link: other pieces of animation

Thanks guys and girls for your kind words,

I'm glad you liked my Blood Elf. It's all Hand Animated and took about 3 days to animate and another day to render. No  mo-cap, I hand animate all my work. I love doing this stuff so I spend to much time on it I think.

I'll try to get another piece up for you guys to check out in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for checking it out

SKA

inklaire ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 2:27 AM

The sound on my machine has never worked. But I watched the animation, and even without sound, the expressiveness is truly impressive.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 2:17 PM

Nice work on the blood elf, and some super animations on your site. I look forward to seeing your product range developing further!

One comment regarding z-translation. You say that each figure moves a certain number of distance units per cycle, but you do not (as far as I could see) say what distance units you are using.

From the numbers (human figures 6.059 per cycle) I would guess you are using feet, but you should really state this, so that less experienced Poser users know that they have to convert the numbers to whatever units they are using.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

skamotion ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 2:31 PM

One comment regarding z-translation. You say that each figure moves a certain number of distance units per cycle, but you do not (as far as I could see) say what distance units you are using.

From the numbers (human figures 6.059 per cycle) I would guess you are using feet, but you should really state this, so that less experienced Poser users know that they have to convert the numbers to whatever units they are using.

Oh I didn't know it was feet. I was just going by the zTranslation value in Poser... but you're right, if you're using Daz studio would it be a different value?

Thanks for letting me know and your help

Cheers

SKA

IsaoShi ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 2:42 PM · edited Tue, 25 May 2010 at 2:43 PM

Quote - ...if you're using Daz studio would it be a different value?

You're welcome.... but what I mean is this: Poser users can choose what distance units they use within the Poser UI. The options are Poser Native Units (Approx. 103 inches), feet, inches, metres, centimetres or millimetres.

Any Poser user not using feet would need to convert the number you gave to whatever units they are using.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

skamotion ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 4:10 PM

Thanks for that.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 6:23 PM

I usually don't respond to these posts because the animations are really not that good. Yours is excellent...well done!

Comitted to excellence through art.

skamotion ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2010 at 7:06 PM

Quote - I usually don't respond to these posts because the animations are really not that good. Yours is excellent...well done!

Thank very much. I really appreciate it

Cheers

SKA

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.