Thu, Sep 19, 9:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:56 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Sci-Fi Lighting Plug in ?

Danny_G ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2010 at 1:07 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:54 PM

I am very new to photoshop and I am looking to add sci-fi non animated lighting effects in my Terragen Classic Renders.  example landing lights, thruster glows, just bits to kick my Sci-Fi pieces up a few notches, not much luck with fauxing these effects, advise would be appreciated. OS ~ Windows32.  App ~ Ph Cs3

Perfect Example of the Effects I am Looking for By Kiddd7
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1062252&user_id=598284&favorite&np

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2010 at 4:44 PM

You might want to first Google for lighting effects photoshop sci fi... Then you might want to take a look at this tutorial or this tutorial. Then there is this one blog that has a listing of 40 ps tutorials... and one more tip... Experiment, experiment and ask the artist how he or she created that particular effect then build on it....

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Danny_G ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2010 at 5:02 PM · edited Sat, 05 June 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quote - You might want to first Google for lighting effects photoshop sci fi... Then you might want to take a look at this tutorial or this tutorial. Then there is this one blog that has a listing of 40 ps tutorials... and one more tip... Experiment, experiment and ask the artist how he or she created that particular effect then build on it....

Thanks I googled it before I posted the tread, I was looking @ Red Giant Software and others, just wanted to know if anyone was working with something that would get the results per my example. This hobby is getting quite expensive, I just want to get the correct products from experienced users 
Thanks for the Links
Best Regards
Danny

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2010 at 5:49 PM

Oh okay... but you can always try asking the artist how he/she did that effect...

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 8:21 AM

those FX are mostly done with good brushes and color choice..
I have never seen a plugin that can make them ..
Here RMP and at DAZ3D are good brushes that can be used for it..
but i found tons of them free around the Web ..

Brushes and Colors that the trick 😉 afaik...

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Danny_G ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 9:47 AM

Thks for the reply

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 9:50 AM

okay okay ... i have to admit Filter forge can make some nice "lightsaber fx" ..
But they can be done with CS3 4 and 5 easy too ..
Btw if your going to use PShop a lot filterforge pro is a damn good investment!!

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Danny_G ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2010 at 6:18 PM · edited Mon, 07 June 2010 at 6:20 PM

Picked up Knolls Lighting package, very happy with it. Still playing, also stocked up on some brushes, just practicing now, Found some good tutorials @  Kiddd7's Deviant Art Gallery
Thanks for the heads up

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

crocodilian ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 6:33 PM

file_454534.jpg

Filters and plugins are much less useful than people imagine. There's rarely a good "one click" solution to making things turn out the way you want them.

Its worth spending a little time to learn how to get a good glow effect-- then you can tweak it precisely to your situation. 

The most obvious glow tool you have are the Layer Styles. What's great about them is that they remain "live" and editable at all times-- with a plugin, you apply it, you alter the pixels, and then you've got what you've got . . . if you decide that its not quite right, you have to go back and do it again.

Danny_G ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for the advise, As mentioned above I a fairly new the only time I would use the above would be for signatures or adding lunar cell moons, you'll would probably get a kick out of that. But thats all I knew. But now I think of it I could just add text   " . "  than add the above effects and get those results. Thank you

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.