Mon, Oct 7, 12:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: 40 Questions I ask Myself before Hitting the Shutter Release

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2010 at 5:53 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:19 AM

Seems like a lot of questions before each shot..but good stuff  to think about..

READ HERE

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

prutzworks ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2010 at 3:29 AM

helpfull, thnx Bruce for sharing

minder is meer

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2010 at 5:58 AM
  1. How wet will I get when I forget whats behind me.

2. Do I have a large mallet in my bag for re-educating the person who stands up and
    spoils the shot of a lifetime.

3. Lens cap. Yes we've all done it :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

prutzworks ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2010 at 6:13 AM

minder is meer

kbrog ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2010 at 9:36 PM
  1. Did I put my battery pack in?

;D

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 2:38 PM

Do i have a memory card in the camera?

(done it twice in a portrait shoot setting with paying customers - first time wasnt excusable - the second time was (i set the camera to no shooting without a card after the first time and someone changed it back in the studio so i was blissfully unaware that my assumption of"if the cam is shooting there is a card in it" was completely wrong))

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

blinkings ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 5:34 AM

Oh come on!!!!!!! Learn your craft....................then get out and get the shots. Be instinctive, fly by the seat of your pants, explore, wonder.........unless you are planning on photographing a bowl of fruit, you don't and shouldn't have time for this. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Charberry ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 6:53 PM

45.  Did I turn the camera on?  (I'm always doing this)  lol

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

Garlor ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 3:43 AM

Blinkings...I tried flying by the seat of my pants,however I find using the Cessna much better and the results are on my gallery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garlor ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 3:54 AM

Having read the list has made me realise how I have settled into favoured settings which is ok for my aerial shoots.

Recently I am also taking on ground based jobs and then I refer back to reference books and articles saved from photo mags.Always plenty to learn and I only use a fraction of what my cameras can do, digital means I can practice before I go out to do the actual job.

I bet you never thought that you would see a pro admit that they learn as they earn !

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 6:34 PM
  1. when next in diamond star with nose down do up seatbelt :)

*Having read the list has made me realise how I have settled into favoured settings which is ok for my aerial shoots.

• You've got some nice shots there. What settings do you use ?

I've started mixing 1/125 - 1/200 - 300mm or 500mm on the ground for props and choppers.
Keeps a bit of blur without freezing, though is harder to catch things sharp during a pan. 
1/500 for fast jets. Let the camera set the aperture.

When airborne, 300mm. 1/500 to 1/1000. Minmises the shakes. Aperture F4.5  to F8.  
I've heard it said that you should go higher than F8-F11 when theres no lens hood , because the light spills in from the side. But I find it easier to shoot without one in a cockpit.    

Garlor ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 6:47 PM

mrs parky,  thanks, all the exif info is visible on my gallery images. Basically speed settings are set first then aperture on auto, lower light means increasing the iso. can you add some photos to your gallery?

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 7:14 PM

Thanks for  that garlor - thats usefull info. I often forget about the ISO, usually until I get home and find I've not changed it from the last time I used the camera. Like last sunday and all the piccys are badly over exposed :(   Maybe that should be tip 48 :)  

*can you add some photos to your gallery?
*I will in time. Ar the moment you can see a couple by clicking the banner below my sig.

I'm trying to get into event photography and use the same business model of affordable content , same as I do with the poser models. Marketting the shots locally to tourist boards and snall publishers who can't afford the high cost of stock like corbis. 

So at the moment I'm slowly wading a 1TB drive of all my stuff! So I maybe some time :)  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.