Thu, Sep 19, 11:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: problem importing figures with clothes

renderroneous ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 3:07 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

I'm using Vue 8.4.04 build 51713.  I am trying to import a Poser figure with hair and clothing. Everything imports, but the pants get mangled or are off center.  Is there a problem with the build?  Or is it something I'm doing.  I have them set to conform in Poser.

Naneth36 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 10:09 AM

As I use Vue 7 (Studio Pro), I can't tell you if your version has something wrong.
But I don't think so.  And I don't think you did something wrong.
Acording to my experience, to import a Poser figure with success is a question of luck ! Sometimes it works like a charm and sometimes it doesn't. I never understood why.

I see only two solutions.
1 : try to import your figure in an empty scene,and save it as a .vob object before to place it in the final scene.
2 : export your figure from Poser as an .obj object and then import it in your Vue scene.

renderroneous ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 3:15 PM

Thanks. I'll try that.

Naneth36 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:12 PM

You're welcome.

Let me know if it worked or not.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 8:37 PM

Quote - I'm using Vue 8.4.04 build 51713.  I am trying to import a Poser figure with hair and clothing. Everything imports, but the pants get mangled or are off center.  Is there a problem with the build?  Or is it something I'm doing.  I have them set to conform in Poser.

I enable (or disable) Quaternion Interpolation during import to fix cloth problems.  Maybe it will work in your case?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

tsquare ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 3:56 PM

If you are working towards a 2d picture instead of animation, you can sometimes unconform a piece of clothing, resize and move it to best fit, and just save the scene then.  You can group it with the figure after importing it to Vue.  Sometimes this works best for things like hats and such.

Teque

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:09 AM

yes, I have this problem sometimes too and sometimes not.  when it happens I export first as collada which puts all the textures in one folder, then I export the .obj into same folder, then I import the .obj and vue finds the textures without problem for the .obj.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 11:13 AM

Do a roll-back to Vue 8.4 Build 49020. The bug about conforming clothing was, as far as I am aware, introduced with build 51713.

Alternatively, you can stick with build 51713 and use the option "allow reposing inside Vue" when importing if you have the necessery horse powers. That way, conformers will work properly as well.

Run, wolf warrior, to realms eternal....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.