Mon, Sep 16, 12:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Goodbye everyone!

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 5:08 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 4:13 AM

Hi!

This is my last post in this forum. Thanks to everyone with whom I learned great stuff here. I hope I have helped others a bit too.

I'm leaving this site permanently mainly because in my opinion the management of this site has no respect for its members. They have treated me in an unfair way.

To be honest, I'm also tired of looking at the pages of this site. It has a very old fashioned look and showed no evolution in the four years that I spent here.

I'm leaving for DeviantArt. I created an account there about a year ago but almost never go there. That will change it will be my home in Internet from now on. If you enjoy my work, don't forget to visit! My gallery here will be deleted within a few days.

You'll also see me occasionally in the Cornucopia3D forums.

Here's the link for my DeviantArt gallery:

http://arthurblue.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you want to contact me directly you can do so at artur.rosa@gmail.com

Goodbye everyone! Take care! 😄

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 7:26 PM

I will miss you, your artwork, and all your wonderful answers to all the questions here.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2010 at 10:57 PM

Attached Link: http://mazakler.deviantart.com/

Cu Rutra .. See you ![](http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif)

http://mazakler.deviantart.com/

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 12:41 AM

Thanks for your help over the years.
Sorry to see you go.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 2:04 AM

Sorry to hear this Rutra, being on staff here I would have expected to know what has happened, but I don't. Your name hasn't come up anywhere in site issues that I've seen.
Maybe you could PM me and let me know before you go, it will be a great loss to the Vue community to see you leave..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 3:11 AM

Fairwell Rutra,

All the best mate :) 

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:12 AM

A good reason to get a Deviantart account, then, I don't want to miss your insightful posts and exceptional aretwork.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:23 AM
alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 5:08 AM

What's the point of visiting a forum if you cannot bully people because they went back into lurk mode? Dear Rutra, as you can see I am doing my part in making you remain here (quick CobraEye, do make a post yourself).

Bye... insert the most evil looking emoticon you have ever seen.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Cosme..D..Churruca ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 9:57 AM

Adios Artur, buena suerte! Ten por seguro que te echaremos de menos.

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 11:03 AM

Thanks for all your contributions here and I'll see you over there...

thd777.deviantart.com

Ciao
TD

bigbraader ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 12:35 PM

This fills me with sadness, Artur!
I'll certainly miss your art and insight, always such a great inspiration.
But - speaking of DeviantArt, I've browsed some galleries there lately, and was seriously considering to become a member there as well. Now I have an actual reason :)
But please, do think again (and again), about your decision.

• Lars "bigbraader"

nabob21 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 1:10 PM

I am very sorry to see you go. Looking at the images in your gallery was one of the things that inspired me to try using Vue. While I am not in the same league as you, I always waited with great anticipation for your next image so that I could appreciate and learn from what you did . In addition I always learned a great deal from your many kind responses to many, many forum posts.

I will make a point to visit your DeviantArt Gallery in the future, but it is really a great loss to this forum to have you go. I have seen many other people leave over the last few years and it is almost always like a physical loss to have them go. I hope that this message can, at the very least, help you to realize that you have inspired and helped a great many more people than you could possibly know.

HorseLips ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:38 PM

ok bye

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:39 PM

Sorry to hear your leaving - I've bm'd your DA gallery. I've been a member there for a few years but I never bother with it much.  Looks like I'll have to now :)

Gill

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 4:47 PM

Lol I have been a member at DA for a few years myself. Its nice, but socially its a bit hit and miss I found.

All the best though mate
Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2010 at 8:34 PM

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 12:12 AM

That's a shame Artur, you will be sorely missed here.  Does DA even have any forums?

alexcoppo ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 12:28 AM

Quote - Does DA even have any forums?

There are forums on DA but beware: differently from Renderosity, they are moderated...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:05 AM

Doh!! Bye Rutra :/
think you'll be bakc though...
for me, DA stinks for "community" it just...meh doesn't work that way
it's great for art galleries and amazing artists though :)

old fashioned works, lol. what bugs me here, is what I consider the purient, puritannical  rules imposed by an a*sbackward mindset in one locale', onto the server/admin because it happens ot be based there!
lol what happens if parts of the USA truly go Christian "Taleban" and ban damn wlel everything, eh? :p 

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:50 AM · edited Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:57 AM

A very childish action

So now the Vue forum is going to lose one of its best pedagogues for some childish overreaction? Great god what a stupid decision. How can anybody have anything against Renderosity's "if we have any opinions about anything we are not aware of it" type of administration is beyond me..

For the record, it was Rutra who found out how to split the tree stem from the leaves, only for that he is going to live for ever (in history that is)..

Change your mind, be a man and admit that you were wrong! :)

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 8:04 AM · edited Fri, 18 June 2010 at 8:05 AM

Quote - A very childish action

So now the Vue forum is going to lose one of its best pedagogues for some childish overreaction? Great god what a stupid decision. How can anybody have anything against Renderosity's "if we have any opinions about anything we are not aware of it" type of administration is beyond me..

For the record, it was Rutra who found out how to split the tree stem from the leaves, only for that he is going to live for ever (in history that is)..

Change your mind, be a man and admit that you were wrong! :)

Surely it is Arturs choice to leave if he wishes.    It's probably this sort of thing that has led him to his decision to leave ! 

Gill

Wolf-999 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 8:53 AM

Good bye, Artur! 

tsquare ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 3:46 PM

You will be most sorely missed, Artur.  I have enjoyed your posts and your gallery here.

Whatever your path is, may it always caress your feet as you walk it.

Teque

lior ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 5:55 PM · edited Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=14792

In November 2009, Rutra was nominated Artist of the Month in Renderosity

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:27 PM · edited Fri, 18 June 2010 at 6:30 PM

IMO if someone think of leaving RR he must first apply to us, his fellow peers. Then we'll see if we grant it or not! As for me I can only say, application denied!

Denied. Exactly so. Then this matter is decided and over with! :) Business as usual.

(For example you can not leave the Swedish Nobel committee. Once you're elected it is for life, whether you like it or not.)

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:05 AM

I like that rule vintorix, just as long as you all don't decide I should leave when I don't want to leave.
I actually like the style of this forum and set out of this website to be honest.  I don't agree with some of the restrictions that admin has placed, especially the one about not posting links to interesting content unless someone asks about it first.  but I still get a lot out of coming here.  I like the MP too.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 11:12 AM · edited Sat, 19 June 2010 at 11:14 AM

Sometimes it is good to leave. It can clear the air and gives you a different perspective. I left for over a year and became a Mod at another site and really enjoyed it and then came back home to Rosity where all my friends are gathered in one place. As to DA. I have had an account over there for almost as long as I've had one here and it just doesn;t feel right to me,......................CGSociety on the other hand is Great!!!!
See Ya Later Artur, just don't forget who your friends are buddy!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 5:03 PM

Added you to my deviantart watchlist Artur.  See you over there :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 5:18 PM

Doesn't say much for DArt's forum if people have been avoiding it in the past.  Watch out over there for identity theft is all I can say.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

eonite ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 3:20 AM

Bye Rutra! See you elsewhere :-)

http://www.eonmusic.ch http://www.artmatica.ch

lior ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2010 at 4:17 AM · edited Mon, 02 August 2010 at 4:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=14792

> Quote - In November 2009, Rutra was nominated Artist of the Month in Renderosity

You've got this price thanks to our votes so is deleting your gallery  nice from you 😕

Rids ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2010 at 7:24 AM

Ummm, his gallery is still there

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2010 at 6:09 PM

Quote - > Quote - In November 2009, Rutra was nominated Artist of the Month in Renderosity

You've got this price thanks to our votes so is deleting your gallery  nice from you 😕

So basically you're saying he owes you his gallery?

Osper ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2010 at 11:48 AM

Ahh!  The price we pay for freedom!    In defense of Rendorosity:  It's their site!     In defense of Rutra: it's his choice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.