Sun, Sep 22, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara and Sculptris

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:29 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:22 PM

file_454651.jpg

Hi Guys. I've copied this part over from the Modelling forum that I put up for your information. I don't know where I heard about Sculptris but,  I thought I would give it a go. I had a go with a Zbrush Demo a while ago and got nowere. 4 hours on Carrara, Sculptrise, Carrara And Bingo. Modelled a base Guy in Carrara, subdivided him, imported into Sculptris, had a play and exported as OBJ back to Carrara. The Results. A reasonable start to sculping?

ANGER. IS THE BEAST WITHIN.

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:29 PM

file_454652.jpg

And Painted

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:30 PM

file_454653.jpg

Carrara Render.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 2:47 PM

That's pretty impressive. Especially the texture work.

Now if you wanted to be funny, how'd he look with a Kawasaki or Lancia? (Those are great models as well, btw.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 7:18 PM

Agree. Very impressive.

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 7:35 PM

Yes Sculptris is a very good start. I am doing some experimetations with 3DCoat, that can export normal and displacement maps too.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

ZIKEO ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 5:14 AM

file_454710.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Did I mention that Sculptris is FREE!!

Z

benney ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 8:40 AM

A job well done there ZIKEO. I too have come across Sculptris lately and I find that it can really open ones eyes to experimentation and expands the carrara (and Hexagon if you have it like me) platform even further. Sculptris is a brilliant program considering that it is free and is very user freindly.

Plutom ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 9:36 AM

Yep, I posted a Sculptris thread too.  The total program is around 3 Megabytes and has almost a zero learning curve.  Making eyes for the critter is extremely simple, simply import another sphere and two appear, use size to resize em and grab to plop them in.  Why couldn't Zbrush be that simple.  Go into the Paint area, wait for the program to condition the object and paint away.  Save the texture map (automatically creates a UV map).  Save the .obj in the paint room, export it to Vue, Poser, Carrara, grab the UV map texture map (that looks like the devil) and it's recolored.   Agree a super FREE program, the guy that made it is a genius.  Plus Scupltris can make morphs of Victoria 3 so that you can make your own face, make warts, etc.  Unfortunately it will not work with V4 or any of the Poser figures because the meshs are to high in poly count.  Jan

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quote - Did I mention that Sculptris is FREE!!

Nope, you forgot to the first time around. But your results were cool so I googled it. Seeing that it didn't cost anything (unless making a voluntary donation) was a nice bonus.

Not too hard to use either. I ended up making a pig monster and put the result in my gallery. It's quite a bit different if you're used to box modeling. Still it's intuitive enough to figure out without reading much and also behaves well with any Wacom.

Barbequed Pixels?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 7:41 PM · edited Sun, 20 June 2010 at 7:43 PM

file_454738.jpg

Very neat and easy, would love to figure out how to texture the thing.  I'm attaching what I made.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 7:50 PM · edited Sun, 20 June 2010 at 7:55 PM

Ok... It appears there is an older private page that has the Alpha3 Release, which is what I was using and doesnt have the paint option.

So I found the proper page and downloaded :)

Now I can paint.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2010 at 8:22 PM

file_454739.jpg

Ok here is my First attempt at all this.  No more than 20 Mins spent on this. :)  Including reading the Carrara manual to apply the texture map. :)

pauljs75 ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2010 at 5:43 PM · edited Mon, 21 June 2010 at 5:45 PM

file_454765.jpg

'tis fun indeed.

I think this software will need its own thread at the 3D modeling forum if there isn't one already.

Right now it just seems to make do with tri meshes. Would be nice if it makes displacement and normal maps for base meshes in the future. But no complaints.

Barbequed Pixels?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2010 at 6:56 PM · edited Mon, 21 June 2010 at 6:56 PM

@pauljs75 my Orange Alien thing, thinks your noseless thing is hot.  They should go on a date together.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.