Wed, Oct 2, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Tron type effects in Poser 5 - dead easy!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 4:52 PM Ā· edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_190497.jpg

This image was rendered with no postwork and no special lighting in Firefly mode. Apologies to those who already know how to do this but it may be of interest to some. Here's what you do... Create a black and white image of the pattern you want to glow. The white bits will be the parts which glow. After you have loaded up your model and applied a normal MAT pose for the skin texture, change the Ambient_Color channel on the body part of your choice, to the colour you want the pattern to show as. Set Ambient_Value to 1. For my example, I used a bright shade of blue on Skin Torso. Next, connect your black and white image to the Ambient_Color channel. Exit the Material Room. Pose and render.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/%7Esw19/files/dron_firefly_hi.AVI

I've pimped this a few times here already, but here's a short Tron animation I did for a college project years ago. That's all the stuff you'd want - displacements, DOF, motion blur and the trick menioned above at once.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:29 PM

file_190499.jpg

In some cases, you can even use a map provided for a great effect. Here's the new daz Troll, with his lava map, but it's plugged into ambiance, and translucency, and his bump map has been converted to displacement mapping.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 11:05 PM

Nice lava map. Pity it is on a character I have no intention to buy. Ye gods! I hate those shoulders up to the ears. I hate tiny heads. I hate globby muscles just for muscles' sake... in places they'd never be. And hands the size of wastebaskets? :gag: Those Tron-type effects look interesting. I could see other patterns (aliens? robots?) Carolly

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:28 AM

file_190501.jpg

Actually, his head, hands and feet are scalable, but he's supposed to be a troll. I don;t want a skinny weak troll, I want a beefy powerful one! thier p4 textures were nice, but once I added P5's translucency, ambiance, and displacement, they really looked MUCH better. Plus it's cool they hooked up his erc to flex muscle morphs when arms or legs are bend. Here's the P4 version for comparison.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 10:04 AM

BTW, here's the link for the new P5 mats for the new daz Troll... http://webpages.charter.net/gareee/troll_P5_mats.zip

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:14 PM
Site Admin

Thank you for the mats Gareee! I hadn't bookmarked and was close to giving up before I finally found this thread :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:20 PM

My pleasure! It was fun working on them. I offered to Daz to include them with the troll (they really should just add them to the pack), but haven't heard back from them.

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 3:39 AM

a very simple light cycle from Tron Legacy
www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 8:01 AM

Quote - In some cases, you can even use a map provided for a great effect. Here's the new daz Troll, with his lava map, but it's plugged into ambiance, and translucency, and his bump map has been converted to displacement mapping.

That's really nice, bud. Would you mind posting some screen captures so I can see the actual mechanics of how you did this, what went where, settings, stuff like that?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 8:38 AM

We kinda talked about this in the Spider Man thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2805084

You can use the example IĀ gave with bump and specular and just plug into Ambient_Color instead of Alt_Specular.

My Freebies

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 3:08 PM

Quote -

a very simple light cycle from Tron Legacy
www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

You uh...couldn't make the movie get here any quicker could you?

Cheers

Apple_UK ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for the tip Sam, I'd never thought of that

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.