Tue, Oct 22, 5:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Woodland Stream - I need help with P8 settings

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 11:59 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:06 AM

file_455786.jpg

I think my facial shingles killed my brain cells! No matter what I do I just can't get this to look right in Poser 8.  I hope someone else has this and got it to work or someone can see what I obviously am not.  (settings for small falls attached)

This is what is happening:
www.lilwolff.com/Free/WSPoser8.jpg

This is the product.
market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php

I did write the author but I have not heard anything and it has been a week. Perhaps they are on vacation? I am not familar with this vendor's support and I do need to get this project done.   

I know it says  6 and 7 -  I  just don't understand why the water won't work in P8 when everything else does?   . Whether I use my old pz3 or start a new scene in P8 I get the same results. 

Attached is the settings for Poser 6 and 7 for the small falls that you see is white.  I used the lights and camera settings that came with the product. I don't need an animation just a still. 

Thank you for any help you can give me.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 12:20 PM

What OS are you using?
I had problems with this product as well and it turned out to be the textures for the water, which are AVI files. If you are running a 64bit OS you need the 64 bit codecs (video drivers) for these AVI files to be able to use the product. It turned out that there are/were no 64bit codecs for these AVI files. I then used a video conversion utility to convert the AVI files to ones with a 64bit compatibile codec. After that it rendered as it should.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 12:49 PM

XPPro  running 32 bit, I should have mentioned that.  I know it work in P7 but of course I took that off thinking P8 (which I just got recently)  would handle anything P7 did.

Thank you for answering, perhaps your answer will help someone else in the future with a similar problem.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 1:36 PM · edited Sat, 10 July 2010 at 1:47 PM

Attached Link: AVI animated water

Usually, you want diffuse, specular, and ambient to total about 1, allowing a bit more for the specular.

Try diffuse 0.6
      specular 0.5
    ambient 0.125

...and see what happens.

Actually, I would probably also drive the displacement with the movie (try 0.007 to start), remove the specular entirely, and add an anisotropic (node:lighting:specular:anisotropic) and set the color to charcoal grey 64-64-64 RGB.  The anisotropic can give you nice water sparkles. ^^

Oh, and un-check the reflection Lite mult box.

The hotlink is a little flash clip using one of Jepe's water AVIs.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 3:36 PM

Thank you so much! It is sure looking better! I will have to change the other nodes.

I never would have come up with those settings.  I was trying to make only minimal changes to the default material settings that I showed since it did look ok in P7. But with your settings I think it will look fantastic in P8.  

Thank you  also for the link that  showed what the water should look like.  Your animations always look great and as much as I loved  horserider,  Tink on roller skates is still my favorite. :-)  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.