Mon, Sep 9, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: (VERY OT) cats...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 6:54 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 7:13 AM

Well I iknow there's quite a few cat lovers here, so if anyone cares to waste 8 minutes of their life watching my cats... here they are.. they were all outside today in the lovely summer weather. And they're all good at being on a leash - none of them suffers from Leash Paralysis ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OToZ8AEdsi0

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 6:59 PM

Oh and in case anyone wonders about what breeds they are.. # 1, Basil, is a tabbypoint siamese. # 2, Phumba is a black/silver abyssinian, #3, Jack is a black oriental shorthair (ebony) - basically a black siamese.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 7:26 PM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 7:27 PM

Very good video. It looks like you really Love your cats
We used to have a couple of cats when my sons were growing up, but 3 of my grand-kids are allergic to cats, so no cats just dogs
Steve

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 7:30 PM

Beautiful cats, TG.  They have a knack of speaking in balloon.

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 8:11 PM

LOL loved the end when kittie took off running. Beautiful cats that look very cared for and of course loved. 

Everything where I am is so scorched right now  so it was also nice to see the green grass and  meeelow out with the music. 🆒

tsquare ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 8:22 PM

oooo Such cuties!  My cat, Bit, also is leash trained.  He loves to walk around our small yard when it is warm out.  Great video!

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 4:35 PM

They're gorgeous, specially Phumba, I loooove cats and I have 2 crosssbred Somali cats which look abit like abyssinian cats ( the vet thought Lucy was an aby) one is grey and oatmeal and her sister  is black and tan, here's the grey one, Lucy http://www.lullys.com/lucy.jpg

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 5:50 PM

Aww Lully she's beautiful. And yes she looks quite a bit like Phumba, just with less "eyeliner" L

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 5:53 PM

file_455796.jpg

Beautiful cats, and they have lot of space there and a nice garden to walk and play in. My cat, Lillo, is an "apartment cat", but he seems to be happy anyway ... LOL

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 5:58 PM

:) thanks Trekkiegrrrl, yes I love the eyeliner effect, Amy my other cat has it abit more as she's darker generally, (not got a photo to hand)

papillon68, he looks so cuddley and content, look at that belly!!  :D

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 5:59 PM

Aww Lillo is awesome! Jack loves to lie like that, too.. and we're then expected to stroke His Royal Tummy ROFL

Apartment cats live IMO better lives than any cat who is allowed to stray. They're safe from being run over, eaten by foxes or shot by insane people. And if they've never been used to being outside, they won't know they're "missing" anything. Cats aren't constantly pining for the Great Outdoors if they've never been there :)

Now.. the backside of letting cats out on a leash is they DO get semi-used to being outside.. so there's a lot of "MOMMY WE WANT OUT" when the sun is shining. But then... it's really fun to walk a cat. People are always VERY curious ^_^

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 6:03 PM

Quote - :) thanks Trekkiegrrrl, yes I love the eyeliner effect, Amy my other cat has it abit more as she's darker generally, (not got a photo to hand)

papillon68, he looks so cuddley and content, look at that belly!!  :D

Thanks, he's such a sweet cat, I love him so much. When I got him he was so small that I feared he might be skinny and fragile ... instead he grew up and now he's about 9KG (20 lbs), very strong and cute ! :D

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 6:08 PM

wow thats a weight and a half, I previously had a white maine coon, he was about 7+kg. Think my 2 cats weigh about  20 lb together.

Bet he's a good 'musical hot water bottle' in the winter months  :)

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 6:21 PM

I had several cats during the past decades, one I call Jeffrey (who passed away last fall at the age of 23  -a Morris look a like and another called Walter who also died last fall age 16.  We miss them. 

Now we have a little female called Zoey sort of clumsy, well really clumsy, drools when she is happy (which means that someone is petting her).  She was a three year old pound kitty that had been there 6 months and was soooo happy to get a new home.  One thing she loves to do is walk in front of you and suddenly stop or run between your legs when you are stumpling for the bathroom door in the middle of the night.  She sort of has an owl look to her when shes staring.  Both of us have really grown attached to her.  Jan 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 6:44 PM

Wow Plutom.. 23! That's wild. Our oldest cat died when he was 2 months short of hitting 19...

Our present cats are 8 (Phumba and Jack) and 7 (Basil)

Basil just lost his last tooth a few days ago (he's got a dental failure so his teeth break - but it doesn't seem to bother him other than he can't really east grass bcause he can't sever it...)

Phumba also drools whenever she's really content. Problem is, it's mostly when my kid is stroking her (Phumba decided on her as her Favourite Human) - and my kid thinks it's really REALLY GROSS LOL

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 7:51 PM

LOL,  Zoey is the only cat that we had that drools and is so tubby that she falls off the chair back especially when she is rubbed on her hiney.  She weighed in at 10.5 lbs when we got her and she is down to around 8 now.  However, for her size she is----well a full body gal.

About the drooling, I sort of rub it off on her.  However it is cold when it gets on you.

The strange thing about Jeffrey, he was around when we bought the house in 1987 and he was an adult cat then.  We never declawed him and was never scratched.  He was an outdoor/indoor cat (being that several times  a day) and Walter thought that that was a great idea so he became one too.  Nether strayed away from the house since the backyard is stocked with bushes and tree-a playground for every cat in the neighborhood.

By the way we also have, well sort of have, three other cats,  Momcat, Hoss, and Angela (can't get too close to them because they stay their distance-Hoss and Angela were born last year and all three sort of adopted our backyard (along with everyone elses in the neighborhood.  Jan

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 8:31 PM

Gorgeous. I have three - soon to have two more when my daughter moves to Japan.

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 11:10 AM

file_455826.jpg

They are all lovely cats :) Here is a photo of Brooke. As you can see, she is terribly abused and has no toys. Or so she tells me.

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 11:33 AM

ooohhhh Brooke looks like my wiggy i had a few years ago  http://www.lullys.com/wiggy/
now im getting 'cat broodie'  lol

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 11:37 AM

Lully--Wiggy is SO cute!!!!!!!!!!

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 5:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

Trekki,,,

Love your taste in music as well. Sure you know this one but, just in case... one of my favs

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 7:17 PM

richardson - thanks for that link :) I actually "discovered" Andy McKee several years ago, exactly AT YouTube - at the time he wasn't really known yet - but I followed a link where one could download what I guess was his first CD - before it weas a CD, mind. There was also the option to actually buy it, with all in a convenient zip. And since it was cheap-ish and I liked the idea of supporting the awesome guy, I went and bought it. And it came with a Royalty Free disclaimer, which is why I like to use it on YouTube videos, I've actually paid to use it :)

That the guy is amazing and makes great music is a bonus :)

And aww, SoCalRoberta.. what a lovely cat. The box with the holes at the front, is that a sort of intelligence plaything? And WHAT is that interesting arch? It doesn't really look like a scratch pole?

Speaking of scratchpole... here's a VERY RARE pic of Phumba allowing another cat to touch her fur. From when Basil was still a kitten and she was still fertile. Perhaps that's why? It's more or less a "once in a lifetime" thing, this :) Good thing we got a picture of it:

OTOH, Jack and Basil are usually glued together:

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 8:09 PM · edited Sun, 11 July 2010 at 8:09 PM

Trekkie--your babies all have such lovely cheekbones! Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping cat :)
The box is called a busybox, you put balls or toys in it and the cat tries to get them out. Brooke loves hers. The arch is actually a cat groomer. She is suppose to rub up against it and it takes off some of the loose fur. In theory anyway. I still am constantly chasing loose piles of fluffy white fur around the house.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.