Wed, Sep 18, 4:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Stepping Down

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:03 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:59 PM

I've not been around much the past few months and that's part of the reason for this thread. I notified the Photography team and Admin last month that I've stepped down as an active Moderator as of early July. Life stuff is taking up most of my time and I've not lately been able to put in what I feel is the appropriate amount of time for a Moderator. I'm not going anywhere and I'll still be here to help out when I am able. I just don't know how much that will be. Bruce, PJ and the Photo Coordinators are doing a great job so I know you're all in great hands. It has been an honor serving you all these past several years. I look forward to spending more time here and in the galleries when my schedule allows it. All my best, Kort

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 1:15 PM

Kort, I'm sorry you're stepping down. You've been a very dedicated moderator and your contribution to this site is immeasurable! I'm glad you'll still be around and I wish you the best in your life pursuits!!!

Thanks for taking such good care of us all!!

Manning

Manning

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 2:30 PM

Much appreciated Manning! :)

awjay ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 4:10 PM

life is more important .......believe me...i nearly didnt have life...

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 4:15 PM

Marriage and children (and yes, even the 9-5 job) have a nasty habit of curtailing one's internet time, I have to admit. ;)

kgb224 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 4:58 PM

Quote - Marriage and children (and yes, even the 9-5 job) have a nasty habit of curtailing one's internet time, I have to admit. ;)

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down. As you say it is always a rush to nowhere.

mbz2662 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:24 PM

You will be missed, but life goes by too quickly and it is much more important to have  time with the wife and the children... especially the children, because in the blink of an eye they will be grown.  Best Wishes,
Melinda

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 10:09 AM

Thanks for your dedicated service to renderosity and members, I wish you the best in life and I two are glad to hear you'll still be around. Life for me has been a challenge this year and I understand how priorities must change, once again thank you for your hard work these past years.

Royce  

Royce

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2010 at 11:24 AM

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your comments. :)

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for all your help over the last few years..and your friendship as well..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

sandra46 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 4:27 PM

thank you for the time you dedicated to us, i'm very grateful of it. I hope you'll have more time for yourself and your art. Arrivederci,
Sandra

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Bruce and Sandra and everyone. I'll still be around. More time for myself and my art? Well see... :)

tofi ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 4:02 PM

I'm so sad that you're stepping down as a Moderator but I am  happy, on the other hand that you are going to take some time for yourself and for your family.  Your a very talented and skillful artist, and I'll be looking forward to see more of your photographs. Thank you, Kort for all your hard work over the years in the Forum, it was always much appreciated. Really and truly from all my heart and soul, I wish you abundance of health, happiness and success to find exactly what your soul is searching for. 

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 10:34 AM

Frankly, Kort, you amaze me! All the mods amaze me, with how much they do for this site! I don't even have a 9 to 5 job anymore and I still can't seem to put in the time here I would like to.

SO your stepping down comes as no surprise.  I see how much you do for family and for your friends here at RR and think.... "What kind of wonder drug is this guy on and where can I get some"! LOL ;-P

I totally agree, that beautiful little girl of yours deserves your undivided attention at this time of her life, cuz before you know it you will be handing her off to a husband (my husband was an emotional wreck at his daughter's wedding a couple months ago.... happiest  and saddest day of his life so far).

So I wish you a happy healthy life and .... see you around!

Sincerely,
Kim

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 12:00 PM

Thank you so much Kim and Tofi, your words mean a lot! :)

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 7:14 AM

Kort, I remember the alien in your "lunch room" at your work..well, it was or is somewhere at your work. :  )  That is a funny thought to me...silly to think that would come to mind.

There is plenty  to remember in your  greater contributions to this website and forum, certainly the years of work  stand out.   I am very grateful for that time you have generously given to all of us.  You have always shown the highest standards of character and in various ways have reflected the devoted love you have for your family.  Of course, your photography is top notch.

Yes, I am glad you are still around and will be here when time permits, now more at your leisure. Enjoy!  Enjoy here, there and everywhere!      Tom.        

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 9:38 AM

file_455995.jpg

The alien is still around (here with Kyra). Thanks so much Tom.

Meowgli ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:17 PM

Ever since I joined the site you've been a rock as an excellent mod, cheers for all the hard work and time you put in mate, I couldn't do it! Respect.

Adam Edwards Photography

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2010 at 11:36 PM

Well, life "stuff" is very important, and I'm glad your family comes first. That is how it should be.
Not that we won't miss your wonderful guidance on the site.

I personally want to thank you for introducing me to IR, it's become a big part of my photo world.

Enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing your imagery when you have time to post it.

Yvonne

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 12:02 PM

Thanks Yvonne and Adam. I truly appreciate the kind words. I wish I could do it all, but sometimes you have to cut back so that you can do a limited number of things well rather than a lot of things halfway. :)

waldomac ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 12:00 PM

Please, don't be like me and be a total stranger for months at a time. :) I have appreciated your work and the work of the team. In the bananas lifestyle some of us seem to lead, this is a nice "home" to come back to from time to time. This is a great forum, and I'm just now encouraging my daughter, a budding photographer and designer to become involved. In this effort, I have come to realize I'm almost never able to sit and enjoy Renderosity anymore. I hope to begin rectifying that somewhat.  It'll be a comfort to know you're there, even if it's in the background, Kort.

John

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 12:43 PM

Thanks a million John! :)

ReBorne ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 5:47 PM

Shame man.  From the odd times I've dropped in (yeah, pretty irregularly I admit) you've been doing a damn good job.  Take care dude.  manly hug

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 1:05 PM

Much appreciated, thanks!

rockstrider ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 1:49 PM

Maybe it's one of those things that you can come back to when you do eventually get the time again to commit to modding Kort.

Anyway, thanks for all the years of hard work given to R'osity -  I'll look forward to seeing you around the galleries my friend!

Carl

danob ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 8:10 AM

Thanks for all you have done also the support while I was on the team take care my friend

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

sharky_ ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2010 at 3:35 AM

Thank you Kort for your advice, help and hard work.  The best going your way.
Aloha........Errol

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2010 at 5:26 PM

Thanks Errol. And Danny, and Carl, and everyone else. I'm still around, just busy with life stuff.

girsempa ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 11:11 PM

Kort, the importance of "life stuff" is often underestimated. Once I forgot that I had a life (you know, work as a graphic designer), and I'm still trying to find it back.

Just take good care of yourself, okay?

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

bmac62 ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hi Kort, Probably the best, most timely decision you've made. Life seems to be a string of gates. The gate that opens into a full family life with young children is busy, busy...and wife and children deserve your very best. Glad to see you're really not going away...just reprioritizing. I've only been here a little over two years but have always admired your photography and all you've done with Bruce. See you here and there...around the gallery:)

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 11:51 AM

Thanks Geert & Bill. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.