Sun, Sep 22, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: I'm sure I've seen this option - but where?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 5:10 PM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:35 AM

OK I'm still messing around with a certain conforming garment. And had to start ALMOST from scratch with it again >_<

The deal: I'm using PhilC's brilliant OBJ2CR2 to turn it into a conformer. This part works well. BUT I had to mess around QUITE a lot with the joint parameters to make them fit... and I want to save myself from that hair-pulling expirience again.

I have two veresions of this clothing. One (the messed up one) where the JOINT PARAMETERS actually works like a charm now.

And my new one where the actual obj is now flawless (unlike the old one) but without tweaked JPs

IS there a program/easy way to transfer the joint parameters? The OBJ has been altered, but not all that much, and my existing JPs should be better than what is straight out of OBJ2CR2 anyway.

I'm pretty sure I've come across the option somewhere. I have the following programs at my disposal:
OBJ2CR2 (duh) - WardrobeWizard2 - PoserFileEditor - Notepad++ - and Poser 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & PP2010.

Help?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 5:23 PM

Just use a text editor  to change the OBJ path in the CR2 with the preferred joints to point to your preferred OBJ file. Do a word search on your original OBJ file name to find the two lines that require changing.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 5:53 PM

It's THAT easy?

Problem is.. that CR2 is LOADED with morphs... and I need to re-do those as well as they were taking a Fit morph into consideration - but in the wrong way  >_<

So I only want the JointParameters, not everything else form that CR2. Perhaps I'm just being unrealistic, but I'm sure I came across a "transfer JPs" somewhere...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 6:02 PM

There is one in the Wardrobe Wizard utilities. Try it and see if that works for you. Be sure to work on a back up copy not the original. Other than that the Poser Pocket Knife has a delete morph tool.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 6:06 PM

Heh Phil! I found where I'd seen this - in the Utilities in WardrobeWizard.

Unfortunately they don't work as I'd hoped - It tells me it's copying joints from the joint-fixed version and to the other - but it doesn't work.

So am I assuming this thing can do something it can't or is there something else wrong?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 6:07 PM

ah crossposted.

Well then it IS me doing something wrong?

Oh and I didn't use a copy.. but then I never saved it.. was that wrong then? Have I screwed up my working rig?! O.o (first time around it copied the jp's the wrong way - from the bad to the good...)

ironrodent ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 10:26 PM

Just change the path on the Cr2, and then delete the unwanted morphs with morph manager?

Ironrodent aka Djughashvili's Gerbil

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 4:55 AM

Maybe this one may help http://www.poserprofis.de/python/ExtractJoints.zip
You can save Joint-Parameters as a pose-file (your first version). Load your corrected conformer and just load the saved pose.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 11:34 AM

adp001, it sounds perfect. But I can't make it work - or I'm misunderstanding what it does.

I loaded the one with the correct joints into it as Input and set it to output a Pose file. It does its thing, but when I load the pose file, nothing happens to the joints :(

So am I doing something wrong or am I just lucking out?

(I have now two versions of the CR2, one where I added some extra utility mophs with WardrobeWizard - which apparently messed up my joints, they now look like they did straight out of OBJ2CR2 - and since now BOTH my CR2's contains morphs I want to keep - AND use the same OBJ... it's unfortunately not enough to strip morphs and add the obj this time - it worked fine for the first round, but adding the new morphs with WW brought me back to square 1 :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.