Mon, Oct 7, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: New character for Stephanie 4 - Thought?

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 4:53 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:03 PM

file_455818.jpg

Ok I have a new character for Stephanie 4 which I am going to make an INJ for V4 and A4 as well. This is the S4 version, i actually rendered it a few times so the nose looks a little weird - oh by the way there is a piercing in one side so thats what that dot is, but what are your thoughts? I don't really have a name for her at the moment, I am thinking about it 

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 4:54 AM

OMG IT LOOKS FABULOUS

My Freebies

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 4:57 AM

um really ?

ShaaraMuse3D ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 5:16 AM

She's cute. :)  I'm curious what she'd look like in different kinds of hair.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 5:16 AM

I was making a funny while you had no pic.  Seriously, the nose looks messed up.  I don't know if it's the morph or the texture.  Can you show a pic in wireframe mode very close at the nose?

My Freebies

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 6:10 AM

I really do think she looks really cute, Green-Eyed Girl. 😄

I'd love to see her at a bit of an angle - I think the nose might just be a lighting thing. And I agree with Grappo: nice to see her in a few hairstyles to see which one suits her best. 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 9:27 AM

I think her eyes are a bit large and her nose a bit too small. Having said that, she still looks better than any of the faces I've seen on Daz's site in Steph's promo pics ;o).

Laurie

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 9:41 AM

i like her the nose needs some work tho but she  is cute and looks good

ShaaraMuse3D ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 9:46 AM

I like her nose, eyes and the rest just the way it is. :)

Apple_UK ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 10:03 AM

I would not worry about the nose if it is a morph target. People can make it want they want, and it's only slightly off. People can have those little side bits. A bit of smoothing will soon sort it if your concerned

Photopium ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 2:46 PM

Attached Link: 8 or 9 pages in the Marketplace, something I'd say is pretty original at this point

Warning:  Harsh Criticism - Avoid this message if you're fragile.

Okay, Disclaimer having been given, my thoughts are this:

I've seen this character a million times, in a million different packages.  I find nothing special or unique about this character that would cause me to either buy or download for free any package containing this character. 

I'll say she's cute, but she's ultra-generic, cliche kind of cute.  Since S4 is nothing more than V4 with scaling and morph targets, I would lump this into the category of V4 Character packs are effed out.

Unless you've got something new to offer.  A good take on ethnicities, nationalities, muscle tone, etc.  Things we haven't seen before.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 5:31 PM

As WTB said, plus... The eye texture looks wrong IMO.  Does it have baked in highlights?  If so, kill 'em.

I do, however, think you made a nice job of the texture. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 6:55 PM

OK she looks better than the pouting broad on WTB's link - but I kinda agree, it's not exactly unique.

Yes, she's cute, but she looks too much like something we've all seen dozens of times before.

I like the nose, it's a bit on the small side, but I DO like the little indents. Then again I'm odd about noses, the more er... pronounced... the better IMO :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

whipporwill ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 7:52 PM

she is adorable, my vote is for a bigger nose as well, that's something we don't see enough of in my opinion, great job!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 9:59 PM

file_455842.jpg

If you do go with a different nose, I'd recommend this one.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 11:16 PM

She looks great, I think anyways.

I agree with the others about her nose. It does look small. :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2010 at 11:27 PM

I'm not saying it looks small, actually from the nostrils up it looks fine - the area right around the nostrils looks really strange though, like the mesh has been pulled into a sharp edge.

My Freebies

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 7:03 AM

file_455858.jpg

ok i am not sure what to do about that dark patch on the nose, maybe its shadow I dont know but yeah anyway this is the character side on with a larger nose i may make it bigger again but we shall see. I was thinking about ethnicity and cannot think about anything that hasn't been done, I mean aside from something like oompa loompa what ethnicity has never been done in a character before? And I am asking this seriously. There has already been black/african, irish, english, latino, asian. Maybe I could do russian but then what characteristics do they have that are very russian? I may need to do some research on that. What about Australian like me? Actually I could do an aboriginal character, if nobody object to that.. That hasnt been done that I know of, and I have plenty of friends who I could base it on. and plenty of faces I could use. Anyway so the nose would be flatter and wider if I did that. I think I might try that one out :) Stay tuned

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 7:25 AM

file_455859.jpg

alright the nose is still mental I am not sure how to fix this issue but this is the sort of face I am going for, the skin will of course me darker but can you get the idea??? 

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 8:59 AM

Now you're getting somewhere.  The wider nose adds so much more character!

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 1:20 AM

I might change the face shape a little make it more triangular if that makes sense

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 2:25 AM

file_455898.jpg

ok face change, nose change.. what you think people?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 8:18 AM

I still think the eyes are too big.

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 8:26 AM

Those eyes do actually seem bigger than in the previous image... I liked that version much better. I'm all for distinctive, but there are limits.

Green-Eyed Girl, don't forget what Mark Twain said: "A camel is a horse designed by a committee." Go with what pleases you best. Sometimes, when you go away from your character and come back to her, you'll have a clearer idea of what you want.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 8:33 AM

I can't believe I'm the only one who has a problem with the nostrils.  They look so sharp they could be carved, that looks really unnatural.

Eyes are now way too big.  Mouth is interesting though, I like the mouth you have now.

Also Robyn's right about faces designed by committee.

My Freebies

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 7:22 PM

wow.. im confused now, the eyes are in proportion to the face  IMO but anyway let me try something else

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 7:31 PM

file_455953.jpg

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 7:32 PM

Im just tryng to get proportions right now, I KNOW ABOUT THE NOSE LOL I already mentioned it. I think its the texture as much as anything else

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 10:11 PM

The eyes look a lot better now.

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 10:47 PM

I might make the lips not as wide there seems to be a certain whiney quality to them that I dont like, keep the shape but not as wide

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 3:05 AM

I like this one the best. I think it is one of the nicest characters I've ever seen.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 3:06 AM

Quote -  alright the nose is still mental I am not sure how to fix this issue but this is the sort of face I am going for, the skin will of course me darker but can you get the idea??? 

I meant this one

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 4:54 AM

file_455986.jpg

Reworked, and i am ok with this version. Looks ok to me.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 4:58 AM

yes, I think she's got some uniqueness about her.  You've done well with her lips, as V4 lips lack polys and are hard to make look different.
Love esther

stephaniebt ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 7:38 AM

About the dark nose spot -- Looks like the texture may have a painted in nostril? Try opening up your texture in an image editor and take a look. If there's two dark spots painted for the nostrils you can try cloning them out or moving them, render and see if it has any effect, and so on.

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 9:19 AM

file_455992.jpg

By george stephaniebt I think you got it LOL 

stephaniebt ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2010 at 9:37 AM

Glad to help :)

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 3:28 AM

Looks good, the nose gives her a unique look. She looks to me like a Konnie(yes with a k) as she looks like her mood could change in a blink of an eye.:sneaky:

GreenEyedGirl ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 4:28 AM

Quote - Looks good, the nose gives her a unique look. She looks to me like a Konnie(yes with a k) as she looks like her mood could change in a blink of an eye.:sneaky:

Nice name :) Now another question, can someone help me with INJ/REM files??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.