Tue, Oct 22, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: WINDOWS 7 AND 64 BIT

gabrielle_bri ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:56 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

I just upgraded my computer to a new 64 bit windows 7 AWESOME computer..One big proplem I had to go to Daz to download and install all my main figures again bit it only lets me get past areement?? It say Daz or Poser I hit Poser and it thumps up with : Error reading INI folder C:Program files (x86) Common FilesDazdzinstall.ini...

I am devistated!!!!

What do I do

Many thanks Bri

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 8:06 AM · edited Thu, 15 July 2010 at 8:06 AM

The quickest way to fix this is make the file yourself & put it in the folder it wants to find it in. A simple blank text file named dzinstall.ini should do the trick.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

gabrielle_bri ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 8:12 AM

It wont let me get that far ..When I click Poser 7 thats when the notice comes up..:(

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 8:49 AM

its possible that the installer (thats what i think we are talking about) doesn't run well in 64bit mode.

If you right click on the installer, there is a troubleshooting option which will allow you to run the installer in XP Compatabability Mode.  I have had a few problems with such things since going 64bit, running the program in Compatability Mode has sorted them all out.

Hope that works for you

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 8:49 AM
Online Now!

I would park Poser into a separate folder outside the Program Files folder.  Vista and W7 does have issues with files written into that particular folder and will interfere with installation.  Just create a Poser folder on your core drive.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 9:00 AM · edited Thu, 15 July 2010 at 9:04 AM

Gabrielle,

They are talking about your going into the directory structure and creating the path and file that the installer is looking for: C:Program files (x86)/Common Files/Daz/dzinstall.ini.

You would do this using "My Computer" and just navigate into Common files, create a Daz folder (if it's not there) and inside that folder, create an empty file called dzinstall.ini by right clicking in that directory and using the "New File" option.

A more brute force method of making sure these issues go away is to download and install the free version of Daz Studio, (even if you never run it once, but I didn't tell you that).

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:20 AM

Sorry I wasn't very clear on my previous post, basicwiz nailed what I was trying to say.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

gabrielle_bri ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:25 AM

Yes thank you all so much he did nail it it works!!! I am so happy I could do cartwheels! Seconds thoughts I might break something I will just stop crying instead,, Thank you!!!!

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:40 AM

:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.