Mon, Sep 9, 6:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Orange VaL

bigtukker ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 8:38 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 8:53 PM

Hello,

I downloaded the file Orange VaL and installed it, but the 'clothes' are in the character menu instead of the props menu. Is this a mistake or can I actually do something with this?

MyCat ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 8:43 AM

It's not a mistake. They are conforming clothes, not dynamic props. This means that they are figures just like V4 with their own skeleton. You need to "conform" the figures to V4 which will make their skeleton bones align with V4's so that they move when she does.

bigtukker ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 8:51 AM

kay thanks

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 9:04 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=64884

It's clear from the product page that the clothes are conforming.

bigtukker ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 9:34 AM

Explanation: I'm new.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 9:41 AM

bigtukker - just to make things more confusing, sometimes conforming clothes are in the Props directory.

Whatever the directory, just try 'em out anyhow.  You won't make Poser explode.  If, after trying 'em out they don't work, shout up and you'll get help. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 10:39 AM

Quote - bigtukker - just to make things more confusing, sometimes conforming clothes are in the Props directory.

But no one but SM bothers with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of stores would reject an item if it "misplaced" figures in that way.

bigtukker ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 8:46 AM · edited Sun, 18 July 2010 at 8:51 AM

Now I also got clothes in the Pose library :(

How to deal with that.

It is Alice underwear, does this only fit on alice?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 8:52 AM

Content appear in the Pose folder will either be a pose or a MATPose, material texture which you apply to that specific article of clothing.  It is not actual clothing.

bigtukker ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 11:31 AM

It's one of those MATs, so how do I use them?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 12:04 PM

You use MAT poses to change colour on something :)

MAT for MATerial :) They were made before Poser had a Material Room and before you could save things as MC6 - it's an older standard that still works :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bigtukker ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 3:47 PM

You guys know a good guide/tutorial how to do this

bnetta ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 4:12 PM

if what your looking at is for orange and it is in the pose folders, then those are not clothes items............they are files that change the fit and or color of the actual items located in figures or props.............................you would load the clothes onto the character then select say the shorts and go to the pose file and select one of those, to make it fit the alice character you injected in to v4 or to change the color of the shorts to a new color.

www.oodlesdoodles.com

bigtukker ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 5:24 AM

So I need clothes which have the exact measurements as the texture wants?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 6:07 AM

?????????

bigtukker ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 6:07 AM

to make those textures fit on the clothes

Lully ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 7:05 AM

I hope I dont complicate things further with my explanation.............

Conforming clothes are usually found in the "Figure" Library

These are actual garments that need to be loaded and "conformed" to the model (eg V4, Aiko4)  You conform them by going to the drop down menu on the top task bar after you have loaded the item and then choose FIGURE > CONFORM TO, then you get a box with another drop down menu and you choose the model you are using.  If you do not conform the garment to the model, the garment will not move with her and will stay in it's static position, by conforming the outfit, it will stay on the model after you have moved him/her. (abit like glueing it to her body.

The clothes have to usually match the model or at least have a morph dial to alter them to fit.  Eg: you generally can't conform a sadie outfit to a V4 figure unless you have a fitting morph within the pack.

You can change the look of the garment with a pose MAT file, this is usually found in the pose library, (although I don't understand why people don't use the MAT library nowdays as it is so much easier to save them in there after they are created)

The pose MAT files are usually an addition to the figure pack, although you can generally buy/obtain other packs with just the MAT files in, which will work so long as you have the original FIGURE.  The MAT files are the equivalent of getting the same garment but made in a different material. 

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:13 PM

Okay, I have just taken a look at the readme for Val3DArt's Orange and this is what I have found out.  The clothing for this particular character are cr2's, conforming clothes.  The Pose folder in the library contains only INJ/REM for the character, makeup and eyes MATPose files, and actual poses.  The Texture folder does not contain any additional textures to change the outfit's color. 

Conducting additional searches on www.whatever3d.com reveal that there are six outfit colors styles available by different vendors, but these are for purchase only, unfortunately not freebies.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 4:39 PM

The DAZ (for they sell it now) installer for it should have put everything in the right place, and as clothing are generally figures they get put in the character library. The MAT files in the Pose library are textures for Victoria, not the clothing.

To load the clothing you first load Victoria 4, then with V4 selected load one of the clothing items. Then conform the clothing to V4. Then make sure V4 is selected again, and load the next item of clothing, then conform it to V4 and carry on the sequence until the outfit is complete.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.