Sun, Sep 15, 11:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: New Update Vue 8.5 Infinite - Build 52340

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 3:31 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 2:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/resources/?page=updates

There is a new update available Vue 8.5 Infinite - Build 52340 Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 3:33 PM

it's an EEF update!
The following is a list of bug fixes and improvements included in this update:

• Fixed crash of VueSync (synchro plugin) in Cinema4D (missing link options)
  • Improved overall memory management.
  • Improved the evaluation of Displacement Mapping over procedural terrains, with layered materials using the influence of environment (used in canyons, for instance).
  • Improved the evaluation of decay near foreign objects in the EcoSystem Painter.
  • Fixed macro terrain rotations.
  • Updated Video board compatibility list (some low end nvidia graphic cards can't run Shader 4, and are now forced to fixed hardware pipeline).
  • Fixed the export of scenes containing a Global EcoSystem or Cloud Layers.
  • Fixed handling of network paths
  • Fixed the rendering of animated sea (some "blank areas" could appear in some frames).
  • Fixed Terrain resizing border problem.
  • Fixed compatibility with some old scenes with missing bitmaps.
  • Fixed rendering of global ecosystems using Displacement Mapping.
  • Fixed memory leak in the baking of terrains to meshes.
  • Fixed the export of camera path to Maya file (positions of the camera were not saved).
  • Added the ability to locate missing .prv bitmaps (plant texture maps).
  • Fixed a potential crash in byproducts: Standalone, HyperVue, ...
  • Fixed an issue with Standalone and HyperVue relaunch-crazyness.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

DAM3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 4:41 PM · edited Tue, 13 July 2010 at 4:47 PM

Yea just fired up Vue and got the update message, I am updating now and have cautiously optimistic hopes :)

I didn't know that "relaunch-crazyness" was a technical phrase... lol

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

DAM3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 5:13 PM

Update finished. Playing around with it right now and did some test renders. It seems a bit quicker, which is nice... :)

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 8:47 PM

SIGGRAPH is forcing a lot of my 3D apps to get updates in time for demo.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 7:05 PM

Well Vue certainly loads up faster after applying the update, it's up in less than a handful of seconds instead having to wait for the UI to finally pop up.
Importing a poser scene now to see what other improvements there are.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 9:58 PM

I imported a PZ3 and found the legs on the clothes didn't conform properly to the character's legs.  guess i can just export as .obj like I usually have to do.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 12:44 AM

Esther,

Can Poser dynamic hair or dynamic cloth be exported as OBJ into Vue do you know?

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 12:48 AM

On my mac last time I tried about 10/52 ago the pz2 with they dynamic cloth imported fine, but I can't remember for sure if it was a pz3 or if it was a .obj that I'd saved. I think it was a pz3.
Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 12:49 AM

I hope it works okay as I have recently bought some nice dynamic clothes.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:12 AM

I've been importing PZ3 files into Vue and then selecting which frame to load from an animation so that I have the dynamic cloth flowing at that moment for my rendered image.  PZ3 format doesn't work for me with newer builds of Vue.  I just wasn't sure if dynamic cloth can even be exported as OBJ for one thing.  If it did maybe I don't need to use PZ3 anymore with Vue (just OBJ).

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:16 AM

I found that I had to first export from poser using collada to put all the textures into a folder, then export the .obj to the same folder from poser, then import using vue from that folder.
But try the dynamic clothes from a PZ3 and see what happens.

BTW while I have you here, I need a new video card for my macpro which is really old now.
any suggestions?
Love esther

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:21 AM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:23 AM

I don't know Mac unfortunately.  But if it's old like I think it is (I have a 10-year-old PC), a new video card isn't compatible with the main board.  I'm using an ATI Radeon X1650 AGP card with 512MB.  Works great still with Vue 8.0.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:24 AM

well vue 8.5 is very slow for me almost to the point of being unusable at times and my old card isn't recommended on the eon site, so I think it is time for a new one for sure.
Love esther

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:27 AM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:30 AM

Which part of Vue is slow?  The whole thing or just while doing certain things?  If it's the whole thing (loading, saving, eco-systeming, re-drawing, sculpting, camera dragging, rendering, etc.) then it's time for a new computer.  Just make sure it's one that the e-on programmers use.

But if it's only slow when waiting for the OpenGL camera window to update the sky and eco-system objects you just painted, a faster video card will do.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:30 AM

the slowest thing is moving the camera around.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:31 AM

That is a video thing.  Your redrawing is slow.  Now which video display option are you using?  I'm using the hardware pipeline.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:35 AM

yes, I cannot use the top option (best one) at all.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:38 AM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:40 AM

Well, neither can most people with the latest hardware because it is just an experimental setting.  Their computers are slow, too, using the best setting.  But the "fixed hardware pipeline" setting is very fast for them.  Only the e-on programmers would know which exact hardware to buy that they programmed for to use the top setting.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:40 AM

fast sounds good to me no matter what setting.
well I will start looking into new cards.
Thanks,
Love esther
PS good luck with importing

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 1:41 AM

I need to learn Poser more for exporting cloth I guess.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:14 AM

file_456307.jpg

I've ordered this one. I really truly hope it will bring me vue happiness. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:15 AM

the same one is more than $600 from the apple shop.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:17 AM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:21 AM

It will be better than what you're using for sure.  I can't use PCI-E cards. :(

I was reading the Poser 6 manual and it says something about unclothifying dynamic cloth.  But it sounds like the pp2 object goes back to its original shape if you unclothify.

I guess I could just hand model the clothes like I did in the olden days.  And export them into Vue as OBJ items.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:22 AM

Just try running a sim and save and import the pz3

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:25 AM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:29 AM

Yep.

I don't remember now why I didn't want to use PZ3 anymore with Vue.  Damn my short term memory. :)

I remember now.  I had the feeling that 8.4's last update would be worth a try using OBJ since PZ3 is DOA for 32-bit.

I'll just render my Poser figs in modo as part of my pre-pass rendering things to do list.  Render everything else in Vue (modo doesn't like me importing entire Vue planets).

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:39 AM

you didn't want to import pz3 into vue because conforming clothes lose their conformingness on the lower limbs.
dynamic may well be okay.,
yes, I see from your avatar that you like planets. 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 2:53 AM

Conforming clothes from Poser 6 work great in build 47776.  But in Vue 8.4, PZ3 kills Vue (have to end task).  But I'm a PC. :)

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 7:57 AM

IMHO For Mac users is best to wait on the Vue 64Bit Cocoa version!
About the Poser problems I can say at the moment I render on a mega 900 frames animation with V4 and dynamic cloth without any problems. I will finish the project on weekend... on PC of course 😄

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 11:50 PM · edited Tue, 20 July 2010 at 11:54 PM

Quote -  you didn't want to import pz3 into vue because conforming clothes lose their conformingness on the lower limbs.
dynamic may well be okay.,
yes, I see from your avatar that you like planets. 

My system is real slow at updating the camera location whenever I have dynamic hair on my Poser figure.  I'm guessing that's a CPU bottleneck on my computer in the function editor somewhere if a re-calc is needed after moving the camera and a preview render has to be updated.  A faster video card probably won't help much since I'm just displaying wires for dynamic hair.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:01 AM

that's a pity.  Maybe if you like dynamic type hair you could use C4D  (interposerpro latest version supposedly has some crosscompatibity between c4D dynamic hair and poser dyanamic ie i think it keeps the guide hairs) and then you could use vue in xstream maybe.
Lucky I do stills but this is what I just did:-
I exported a pz3 as collada (uncheck the invert transparencies)
Importing it into vue doesn't work (little parts of the pz3 get scattered around the place), however I then exported into the same folder where all the textures were collected together, the .obj of the last frame of an animation.
I  imported that into vue.  the first time I tried it it asked me to locate the textures, but then I made some change in poser, vue detected the change, asked me to reimport and it all imported perfectly into vue.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:12 AM · edited Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:14 AM

Yep.  I'm starting to do all my camera adjustments in Vue with bald PZ3 figues (or trans maps) and then slap strand hair on each figure as needed and let Vue auto-adjust the PZ3 file in front of the camera.  I don't have to wait at all for the camera movement that way.

Dynamic hair that is far away from the camera or is out of camera view is no problem when moving the camera on my PC.  One of James' strand hair styles is broken in Poser 6.  So Vue makes it look like chopped salad instead.  Still slows down the camera though whether I use Poser material or Vue material.  If I turn off the render preview, the camera moves all over the place.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:15 AM

I bet a new video card would help you.  It certialnly helped me with camera movement problems.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:32 AM · edited Wed, 21 July 2010 at 12:33 AM

I'd have to get a whole new computer.  Mine is upgraded as far as it can be.  But I don't want to break any apps I have running fine on it.

I'm using WildHair on my Poser people.  It updates fast in Vue.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 1:04 AM

as long as you can eventually make the pic you want that will be the main thing.
Love esther

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 1:18 AM

Quote -  as long as you can eventually make the pic you want that will be the main thing.

He he.  I end up rendering my scenes from all kinds of angles and then can't decide which one to post on the web.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 11:32 AM

Shawn
what is "WildHair" ? :)

I've only tried using dynamic hair long while ago and it broke Vue, unless VERY small liek a goatee (think I exported the entire character as .obj, to do it?)
oh and the DAZ werewolf character, forget name I sued it ot make  D&D "gnoll" monsters, the hairy version of it is superb in Poser, brought it into Vue a while ago and...BOOM! :p

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 11:55 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but for me the latest build for Vue 8.5 has not corrected the slowness in importing a PZ3 file. For it it takes more than 30 seconds for a PZ3 file to finally import fully. In Vue 7 and 8 the same PZ3 file imports fully in less than 10 seconds.

My Facebook Page

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 7:19 PM

Quote - Shawn
what is "WildHair" ? :)

My latest gallery upload has the store link at the bottom.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 7:22 PM

Quote - I don't know about the rest of you but for me the latest build for Vue 8.5 has not corrected the slowness in importing a PZ3 file. For it it takes more than 30 seconds for a PZ3 file to finally import fully. In Vue 7 and 8 the same PZ3 file imports fully in less than 10 seconds.

e-on is trying to be clever (or lazy) with their under-engineering of the various versions of Poser importing into Vue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.