Sun, Sep 22, 1:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 9:12 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Surprise surprise

airflamesred ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 6:23 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:35 AM

Pixologic buys Sculptris

bryananthonydgm ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 9:00 AM

Surprise?! 

Lol... Thanks for the link, I know it would help me later!

[url=http://www.my3dservice.com/]Rendering Services[/url]

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 9:50 AM · edited Sun, 25 July 2010 at 9:51 AM

Yep, which means not only will it not be free anymore, it will now be ridiculously expensive...lol.

Laurie

airflamesred ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 9:57 AM

Well I guess it will dissapear altogether over time

MidnightCarnival ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 2:17 PM

Yup, sad shame. =(

Warlock279 ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 3:11 PM · edited Sun, 25 July 2010 at 3:12 PM

Heh, kinda saw this coming I guess. SulpTris is still available free, at least for the immediate future. We'll have to see what they do with it after that. If it had to be bought up, I'm glad Pixologic got it rather than Autodesk.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

tantarus ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 5:30 PM

Looks like it slip under AD radar lol.

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

MidnightCarnival ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2010 at 1:45 AM

I'm thinking the good doctor would've started charing eventually but not nearly as much as Pixologic probably will....especially if they implement it as part of a future ZBrush.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 4:25 AM

Wow!

Petterson's work must have been considered a threat to be snatched up that quick. I wonder how the deal went down, did Pixel Logic go to him or vice versa? I wonder what kind of NDA he might have had sign to close the deal?

Shame that it's likely there won't be much in the way of future free versions. May as well snap up the latest free version while it's still there.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

airflamesred ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 4:46 PM

Well apparently they (pixologic) are now employing him so read in to it what you will

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.