Sat, Sep 21, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Blender 2.53 Beta is available

madno2 ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2010 at 1:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

The blender team announced that Blender 2.5 Beta will be ready when the work for the Sintel movie project (durian.blender.org/) is nearly finished. Well it's the time now.
Blender 2.53 Beta (yes with a completely redesigned GUI) is now online:
www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-250/

Congratulations to the Blender open source community.

Dracoraven ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2010 at 2:20 PM

Now if I could download the bloody thing ... seems to be overloaded

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

<a href="http://zazzle.com/brianadragon
">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 2:33 PM · edited Sun, 25 July 2010 at 2:34 PM

About the new UI i think it is great, very clear and easy to use, I just use it for 5 minutes. I think with a quick view of the manual, you can move easier than before.

The smoke and fire renders in the web are fantastic.

I hope the ocean simulation option will be added soon.

adh3d website

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 4:17 PM

They haven't put 2.50 into live production yet, have they ? (i.e. that's still a beta as well, correct?)

vholf ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 4:59 PM

I love the new interface. I actually switched to doing everything in Blender now, doing my first custom models for poser is going excellent like this. The new sculpting options are great.

How does Blender compare to Wings3D? It seems to be more popular around Poser content creators than Blender.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 5:56 PM

I think, for me at least, wings3d is better for box modelling, it is very easy to learn  but powerful tool. I don't chage wings3d for modelling with any other application in the market, free or not.

Blender is a full 3d package, and with the new UI, I think is going to be more popular now, for my part, I am going to start using it. (except for modelling )

adh3d website

Touchwood ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 10:09 PM

Quote - They haven't put 2.50 into live production yet, have they ? (i.e. that's still a beta as well, correct?)

2.50 was the original Alpha version, 2.52 was the second Alpha version and 2.53 is the first Beta version. If you are still trying out 2.50 I suggest getting the latest as there is much more functionality in it. For some reason though the 64 bit vers takes a lot longer to load and crashes more often than the 32 bit.

Although I have primarily used Blender for modeling, the new interface has actually encouraged me to delve into the other aspects of the program. Whereas previously it took longer to find the panels to set the parameters than to do what you wanted, everything is now put together much more logically. No shorthand for the buttons for example is just one area that has made things easier throughout.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.