Fri, Sep 20, 10:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:41 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: We Need Two Renderositys

Charberry ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 7:57 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

i have been observing for years about our beloved Renderosity, and it seems there are at least two types of people here --maybe more.  I appreciate the people that want Renderosity to be purely art with high end artistry, which doesn't leave any room for beginners, or even intermediate artists.  Renderosity definitely welcomes everyone, and I truly appreciate that.  But throughout my time on Renderosity, there are always people commenting that there is too much of a "buddy system" and for photography or art that more belongs on a person's refrigerator rather than uploaded on Rendersoty.  Why not just split the galleries and have one for the upper crust artistry that some demand?  This would require monitoring, of course.  Then there could be the section for the Hoi Palloi  --the common masses that only want to share their experiences to their friends, while they are learning their art form, software, or even their camera.  This way, the people that keep saying, "I only comment on the images I like" can go to the artist section (which has to be earned)... and no beginners allowed, and then can leave us learners, and experiments in peace.  Just a suggestion.  Also, I would suggest R'osity could charge the upper crust triple the amount for membership  to get into their side of the gallery. 

This is presented with some seriousness, but that last bit I could not resist.  ;c)

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 11:48 PM · edited Fri, 23 July 2010 at 11:50 PM

The SnapShot and Beginner Galleries were designed for those applications.  If you are sharing a nice photo of a vacation or family member, Snapshot is the place. If you are timid about your knowledge of your art and need time to gather more ideas and experience, the Beginner Gallery is where you go.  It seems member get "stuck" on posting to one specific gallery and don't really investigate the huge options available in other galleryies for different levels of skill.

Everyone should take the time to use the drop down menu to pick out the different galleries, see what is there and read the posting guidelines at the top of each gallery.  Renderosity has it all!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Charberry ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2010 at 7:18 PM

I'm just tired of the complaints, PJ.  It seems everyone is a beginner except the complainers.  I have been doing photography for 33 years with various cameras.  The first serious camera was a Canon AE-1.  As you probably noticed, I have uploaded a lot less of my pets, and backyard lately.  Most members seem to appreciate my macros of the flowers and roses.  I don't see this as a "buddly system" at all. 

Just getting it out of my system...  as this has been ongoing since I've been here --- what since 1999?  Finally quit for a while back then because of the complaints... and no place for beginners.  Things have changed now, and beginners are accepted.  I find that is a plus.  How else is someone to learn if it isn't pointed out (I'm talking about Bryce, Carrara, and all the rest of the computer graphics software.)    People don't need to be cruel, but they are.  They same as tell everyone to go away...  while they continue uploading medocre things.  We all have different ideas and things that we like, and I'm sorry if my gallery is boring, but it is what I found interesting.  I try to do better each time. For some, that isn't enough.

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

Dracoraven ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2010 at 6:03 PM

ahh yes, 1999. Back in the days of PFO. I always thought this was a place for amateurs and professionals alike to showcase their work and help each other learn. The complainers are only more noticeable now because this place has gotten HUGE. I for one, do NOT want to see the openness of Renderosity go away.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

<a href="http://zazzle.com/brianadragon
">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

BionicRooster ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2010 at 1:09 PM
Forum Moderator

I agree. I myself am a beginner, I started using Poser 7 around 3 months ago, and started learning Wings 3D 2 months ago. And I have found nothing but help from the people I have met on here. Especially in the chat room, where you can get instant feedback on what yer working on.

Anyways, I was very pleased with how I was accepted here, it's mainly why I am still here :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.