Tue, Oct 8, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Ships and Boats..

Bigballa111cmb ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 1:21 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 2:35 PM

I am looking for older and newer model ship props. I already been to prop guild. They don't have what im looking for.

Deimos ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 2:13 PM

Lannie's 3D Modelworld best free 3d ships I have found :) but with no textures :( Keep an eye out for my store in about 6 months or so. After going to the tall ships festival I have gotten some blue prints. I also intend to research rigging better using the encyclopedias. To those who want ships.. Would you like lower priced ships with inacurate rigging or higher priced ships with more accurate rigging? In the readme's would you like to see a bibliogrophy of research materials and the history or signifigance written up with the works? Thanks. Deimos.

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 4:31 PM

You can found some good old ships and more on this real cool place http://www15.brinkster.com/mdaniel/3dmeshdwload.html Robert

Don ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 6:07 PM

Went to above mentioned site and could not DL anything. Site does not seem to work very well. I'd like to see more wooden ships and seafaring stuff available. There is a naval cannon at DAZ, maybe still the anchor and treasure chest (?) and some swabby stuff on the Costume Pack CD. A good reference book for ship modelers is:Stephen Biesty's CROSS-SECTIONS MAN-OF-WAR, a Dorling Kendersley Book. Really cool illustrations of British MoW ship, deck by deck from front to back. I have assembled several tars and pirates from Costume Pack CD and Ghastley's Colonial stuff, as well as the naval cannon crew (and Poses). Now i need something to ship them to sea in! Will send the cannon crew PZ2s to anyone who wants them. --3Don

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 6:45 PM

Hm, every DL starts good by me (using IE5.5) I have just tested and there are no problems. Robert

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 7:05 PM

Nice site you mentioned Robert - thanks. The downloads are actually linked to a site at GeoCities, which prevents direct linking, so that may be Don's trouble. Don - if you get the "file not available" page, just hit enter again and it should start the download. (at least worked for me with NS4.73)

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 7:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcafe.com

Did you try 3D Cafe? They have a ton of free downloads and there are ships and boats. Melanie

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 8:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.kokopelli.org.uk/maritime/Graphics.html

The Maritime Art Gallery has some ship models that you may want to check out Chris Cox

Chris Cox

TheDreamWeaver ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 9:27 PM

I've seen a few vessels in the Bryce downloads area here at Renderosity also. I'm no ship afficionado, so if there are any fine details missing on the models, they've escaped my notice. :)

Questor ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2001 at 9:47 PM

About the best site I've found for boats and all things that float is http://www.deespona.com/3denciclopedia/index_ships.html Not exactly cheap but the guy knows how to make models and the attention to detail is astounding.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 2:35 AM

I believe that it was 3dup.com which had the model of the San Juan. Nice. I also have the Arthurian boat from the Waterhouse painting. Someone in Poser Forum (Nosferatu?) did the prow of the Titanic. Most of teh boats in my files are canoes and rafts and such small stuff. No pirate ships. Someone was working on a viking ship at one time. ::sigh:: Carolly

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 7:05 AM

I was thinking (long term thinking) about doing a super detailed Ward for Pearl Harbor day, Ward was the 4 stack destroyer that fired the first shot of the war for the US (which was a miss, but shot #2 wasn't!). Be an intresting exersise anyway, it is nice to get away from organic modeling sometimes. I don't know what use it would be, or if anybody would buy it, but it would be fun. I'ds like to try a sailing ship too, but I don't know about all that detail in the sails and the reef points and the rigging and the bunt lines and all, some of that would be awful organic too, I'd want it to be able to tack and stuff, and run out the guns.

cal401 ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 7:41 PM

Attached Link: http://modelbank.viewpoint.com/

Another source for the models on the site that Questor provided the link for is the Viewpoint Model bank. REM/Infografica created all the models and for a while was running the Model bank, but then sold it to Viewpoint (I guess). You pay a annual fee and can then buy the models at an 80% discount. Your source is actually a better deal if you are getting very many models--I wish I had known about it before. I was disappointed in the detail of the Titanic model. Lots of errors... Jim, I've recently gotten interested in the Wickes-class destroyers after reading "Trajedy at Honda". 9 Clemson-class destroyers (an upgrade of the Wickes-class) ran aground off the California coast on September 8, 1923. More if you are interested...

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 7:32 AM

I remember reading about that, was sort of a real black eye for the navy, worse than when they got the armored crusier (Memphis?) aground, high and dry where people could see it.

cal401 ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 6:54 PM

Memphis (formerly Tennesee) is right (August 18, 1916.) In that case it was pretty much a fluke of nature, hard to blame Captain Beach.

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2001 at 1:46 AM

Capt. BEACH? Now who woulda seen that coming.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.