Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Blacksmith3D Morph

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2010 at 6:08 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Anyone have experience with this product to create morphs for characters like M3, M4, H3, H4, V4?

The demo version doesn't include export, so I can't see how well importing the morph for characters in poser works.

Also love their false advertising. They claim it's on sale for 65% off - that's what's in the ads.  But it turns out it's only 50% off for people who aren't DAZ Platinum Club members.  There's no mention of Platinum Club in the ads.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2010 at 6:26 PM

I dunno about the advertizing. It does sound odd. And not like them.

I'm a very happy Blacksmith3D user, although I haven't yet upgraded to the latest version. I do plan to do so soon though, since I've had the luck that my latest items are selling better than expected, leaving me with some spare cash ^_  and that extra cash is predestined to an update.. I've wanted to do so for a long time, Version 2 is awesome, Version 3 can only be better :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jenay ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2010 at 6:57 AM

didin't you notice the astersk ?
*Save 65% on Blacksmith3D-Paint and Blacksmith3D-Morph.

Special Sale Just For Platinum Club Members!**

that's from the email I got some few days ago.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2010 at 7:52 AM

There's a 65% off offer out for those who subscribe to the newsletter. And there's no asterisk or anything there.

Also I just found out that the update is discounted as well :) So I just ordered an update for $49 YAY!

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Michael314 ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 3:35 PM

Hi,
does it hve anything which is not contained in blender3D sculpt mode?
Since 2.49, blender can also export FBMs (importable by PPro 2010).

Best regards,
  Michael

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 3:51 PM

I have no idea. I can't even figure out how to make a cube in Blender. If you have it and feel it's nice to work in, it's probably ok.

Can you paint in Blender? I mean paint on the object? You can in Blacksmith. With nice results. Since you can paint across UV seams, it's a great way of making stuff for Poser seamless :)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 6:53 AM

I think version 4 of blacksmith 3d is due in a month ot two, Trekkie...might wanna wait for that.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 5:55 PM

Heh well it turned out I'd actually bought it last YEAR! Would you believe that? I even used it (for my Burlap Buddy (As I found out when I saw the filenames) and just plain out FORGOT. Man I must be more stressed than I thought.

Thankfully the guys at B3D was more alert than me and issued a refund. Gotta love honest people!

So now I will be able to afford version 4. At least i hope so :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.