Mon, Sep 23, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: animations

kelvinhughes ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 1:41 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:28 PM

Attached Link: Breaking down the walls

animations come out to big to post the only thing i can think of is to post you tube and use a link here and also use a link in main gallery anybody have any suggestions havent got any money to buy expensive editor

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 12:54 PM

Quote - animations come out to big to post the only thing i can think of is to post you tube and use a link here and also use a link in main gallery anybody have any suggestions havent got any money to buy expensive editor

Depends on what you want to do with the editor but if you're on Windoze you have a simple one built in that works. Windows Movie Maker. If you are on Win7 it has been dropped from the OS but go to Microsoft's web site and download the older version for either Vista or Xp. They will work fine in 7 32bit. Don't know about the 64 bit version of 7 though. If you are on a Mac I believe they have a built in editor that is somewhat better than MSoft's. Or so I've been told. I have WMM 2.6 installed on Win7 32 bit and it works fine for simple editing and format conversion. Add this to the built in DVD software that comes with Win and you are good to go for most simple projects.
pdg

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 2:07 PM

www.videohelp.com and check out the tools search . Theres a lot of free stuff available.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2010 at 5:14 PM

*"animations come out to big to post "

Are you looking for a free video editor or compression tools?

p

kelvinhughes ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 12:34 AM · edited Mon, 16 August 2010 at 12:36 AM

just 1 problem with your suggestion parkgardener using moviemaker you cant upload these onto the galleries here so whats the point in doing them the only way to show them is still through direct link to youtube through the forum here and to be honest not a lot of people come here

3Dave ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 6:16 AM

There are several free video editors out there, Virtual Dub is highly recommended, as for compression for web use, I use Any Video Converter ( that is the the name of the software) another free programme, to convert my uncompressed videos to mpeg2 for youtubing.

with regard to your animation, sorry, but I think the timing is a bit off, the wall appears to be falling in zero gravity whilst the character is moving at more or less normal speed.

my vids can be seen and commented on here

http://www.youtube.com/user/VJflickeringlight#p/a

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 9:16 AM

Quote - There are several free video editors out there, Virtual Dub is highly recommended, as for compression for web use, I use Any Video Converter ( that is the the name of the software) another free programme, to convert my uncompressed videos to mpeg2 for youtubing.

with regard to your animation, sorry, but I think the timing is a bit off, the wall appears to be falling in zero gravity whilst the character is moving at more or less normal speed.

my vids can be seen and commented on here

http://www.youtube.com/user/VJflickeringlight#p/a

I wonder if you can call Virtual dub a video editor,I dont think so.They claim its VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor.

p

3Dave ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 2:42 PM

Quote -
I wonder if you can call Virtual dub a video editor,I dont think so.They claim its VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor.

p

Its a bit tricky, haven't had to do it for a while, but as I recall you can add sequences and output them as a movie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 3:02 PM

I use both Virtual Dub and Windows Moviemaker.

The galleries here require flash files, flv. The easiest way of converting them is to upload the wmv to youtube and have it do the conversion. I'm sure there's also tools around that can do it offline, but this is how I do it - it works fine. I then download the flv with firefox' downloadhelper :) so that I can up it ehre. A little convoluted and I wish Rosity had a built-in flash converter like Youtube, but last time I looked, they did not :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

3Dave ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quote -  I use both Virtual Dub and Windows Moviemaker.

The galleries here require flash files, flv. The easiest way of converting them is to upload the wmv to youtube and have it do the conversion. I'm sure there's also tools around that can do it offline, but this is how I do it - it works fine. I then download the flv with firefox' downloadhelper :) so that I can up it ehre. A little convoluted and I wish Rosity had a built-in flash converter like Youtube, but last time I looked, they did not :)

Hi Trekkiegrrl, that is what Any Video Converter does, can output and download flv, mpeg, etc It is really simple to use drag and drop files or video url's into a box tell it where to put the file and the format you want and you can leave it to convert a batch of files.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2010 at 11:47 PM

I didn't read all of the above, but for OS X, use visualhub to convert to swf for most compact
web format.  steve jobs recommends h264 for html5, but that ain't set in stone yet IMVHO.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.