Mon, Sep 23, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: 3D stuff

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 4:25 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 7:26 AM

In case youve not got this link,

http://exchange3d.com/

p

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 4:42 AM

Whats that then?

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 5:27 AM

LOL! Will you LOOK at some of those prices! It's Turbosquid all over again*! 

I think I should start selling there... I'll be a zillionaire!

Or mebbe not...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 8:06 AM

If the sample of guitars I looked at is anything to go by, I wouldn't give them a bean for the models there.  Mask-da makes much better guitars and they're usually free. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 8:16 AM

Three negative posts to my posting ,maybe Ill stop posting sites where the  free stuff is??

p

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 10:24 AM

Quote - Three negative posts to my posting ,maybe Ill stop posting sites where the  free stuff is??

p

I wasn't being negative matey, just wondering what to do with the site.  Get freestuff, post freestuff, buy stuff, sell stuff.  Forgive me for being dense.

John

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 10:51 AM

For those that don't seem to get it!  The link posted was obviously because of the FREE 3D stuff!

http://www.exchange3d.com/Free%203D%20Models/cat_35.html

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 10:55 AM

Though, I don't think they are for Poser. I am not familiar with some of the extensions listed there;

Available formats: Rhinoceros (*.3dm), Stereo Lithography (*.stl)

And there were other unfamiliar extensions too.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 11:01 AM

Quote - For those that don't seem to get it!  The link posted was obviously because of the FREE 3D stuff!

http://www.exchange3d.com/Free%203D%20Models/cat_35.html

Dat one takes me to a different page :) nice models though, could probably be squeezed into Poser :) somehow.

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 2:35 PM

Thank you for the post, santolina. Found some very nice free wheels and tires that should come in handy.

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 4:34 PM

.3dm files are for a modelling app called Rhino
.stl is usually used by 3d printers.

and like wot mogwa said - good post. Many of us old fogeys know that site but newer folks might not.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 4:56 PM

I have to admit to being a bit of an "old fogey" myself lol

p

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2010 at 7:07 PM · edited Tue, 17 August 2010 at 7:10 PM

Er.. sorry if my post was percieved as negative. All I saw was a load of crappy looking very expensive models and a little blue folder around midway down the page saying "free stuff" so to me it wasn't "obviously because of the free stuff", in fact the free stuff was fairly well hidden there.

And the site may be fine and the free stuff free and nice, but any site who's charging $35 on some spheres disguised as christmas ornaments... well....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quote -  Er.. sorry if my post was percieved as negative. All I saw was a load of crappy looking very expensive models and a little blue folder around midway down the page saying "free stuff" so to me it wasn't "obviously because of the free stuff", in fact the free stuff was fairly well hidden there.

And the site may be fine and the free stuff free and nice, but any site who's charging $35 on some spheres disguised as christmas ornaments... well....

As above.

Don't take it personally when people say negative things about a link you posted.  For all I knew, that was your point, ie, "Hey look guys, another 3D site selling overpriced tat".

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 2:06 PM

would advise caution in re: any items from exchange3d, as they had merchant xristos there
who was selling what appeared to be V4.2 with kozaburo's kyokohair.obj (no tex or trans) as
a max model.  after I informed SM and daz, xristos no longer was found as exchange3d
merchant using their search box, but is still selling at a 3d warez site that sells the same
items as exchange3d (can't post link).

xuu4u ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 6:35 PM

The freestuff in this site looks nice , thanks for posting.

@TG:

Quote -

---> disguised <-------
ROFL, well said TG!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.