Sat, Sep 21, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Toon Woodpecker needed

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2010 at 11:09 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:29 PM

I'm looking for a toon woodpecker....not really a woody look alike, more something like this

http://images.clipartof.com/small/37118-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Peaceful-Woodpecker-Smiling-And-Gesturing-The-Peace-Sign.jpg

I don't know if one of the 3DU birds can be morphed into one, or if anyone has seen one around.  Feel free to toss me your ideas.

benney ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2010 at 7:38 AM

I can't find one any where and like yourself I am a bit unsure about try to morph one of the 3DU birds but, have you ever thought of trying to build one from scratch?

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2010 at 11:09 AM

Thought about it, but don't have the knowledge for that just yet. :)

benney ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2010 at 12:49 PM

Well I'll give it a go if you want me to but I have to confess that I have never rigged a model etc before, so it'll just be a case of building the model and someone applying the modifications.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2010 at 10:38 AM

Hey I'm happy with the fact that you are willing to try.  I can't be upset with someone who's willing to give something a shot.

benney ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 11:40 AM

I have been trying and sadly as yet with no success. However... I do know a man that can.. If you check out the following threads regarding a gorrilla and boxer dog character you will see that this chap has definitly got the talent for it and I think if you ask nicely he might be able to help or put you in touch with some one who can...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2809599

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2808716

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 4:15 PM

You're right, fantastic work.  I messaged him.  Really top notch work.

noviski ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 10:58 AM

Hi, folks. Here's the concept of the woodpecker:

I'll start the modeling this week. The progress you can follow here. ;)

Cheers!

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 4:57 PM

Quote - Hi, folks. Here's the concept of the woodpecker:

I'll start the modeling this week. The progress you can follow here. ;)

Cheers!

That is soooo cute! And so are the gorilla and dog.  Do you have a store somewhere?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

benney ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 5:02 PM

I can't wait to see the completed piece.. I take my hat off to you..You definitly have a fan here.

noviski ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 7:11 PM

Quote - I can't wait to see the completed piece.. I take my hat off to you..You definitly have a fan here.

Thank you, benney, for your kind words and suggested me to create this model. God Bless You!

Thank you, Acadia! I don't have a store, but I'm considering create one with my models. The major problem is, I only have Carrara models, and I don't have any clues how can export them to Poser or DAZ|Studio...

Regards!

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 7:22 PM

FANTASTIC, and WHOOHOO.  I have a feeling this is going to be a terrific model.  We'll work out the rigging later.  One piece at a time.  I know that it can be done going from OBJ to full rigged poser file, I'll do my research and see what I come up with.

benney ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:56 PM · edited Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:58 PM

The best way to transfer between Carrara and poser is to export from carrara as an obj using the poser defualt selection and ensuring that the proceedural materials are select to export as images no less than 512x512. Once exported it can then be imported into poser and then rigged up (and that is where my brain drys out LOL).

BTW - noviski.. I would only suggest the best.. and you're the one for this kind of work.

noviski ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 12:24 PM

Quote - The best way to transfer between Carrara and poser is to export from carrara as an obj using the poser defualt selection and ensuring that the proceedural materials are select to export as images no less than 512x512. Once exported it can then be imported into poser and then rigged up (and that is where my brain drys out LOL).

BTW - noviski.. I would only suggest the best.. and you're the one for this kind of work.

Thank you, benney! I'll try to do my best at this one. ;)

About Poser export, I believe Fenric, from the DAZ Carrara Forum has a plugin for it. I'll check this later.

As I promised, here's the progress of the Woodpecker. The head is almost done, needs some morphs and adjustments:

Woodpecker Toon WIP - The head

Remember, is very hard create a 3D model based at a 2D concept. But I'm trying to make this one looks like the original is possible. (sorry about my English...).

Cheers, guys! And Thanks again, benney!

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 5:33 PM

Don't worry about your english.  Your work YELLS in every language.  HOLY COW. or WHATTA WOODPECKER.  Either way....I'm drooling.  Love it so far.

Okay for those that don't know I'm a toon addict.  And this little guy is making my eyes cross with excitement.  LOVE what your doing.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2010 at 3:23 PM

Great work so far. I am watching this thread with interest.

benney ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 8:32 AM

Yes I agree. Great work so far. It's great watching the master at work

It is a shame that you haven't created any tutorials based upon the process of developing these type of characters... Or am I wrong about that?

noviski ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 1:22 AM

Thank you for the comments, folks! I apreciate it, very much!

Quote - It is a shame that you haven't created any tutorials based upon the process of developing these type of characters... Or am I wrong about that?

You're right, benney. The only tutorial I did was a toon style modeling dragon, for a challenge at 3DTotal.com forum. The tutorial was published at 3DCreative magazine too. But I'll try to make toon modeling tutorial some day.

Here's the model. Rigged and textured, just need some work at UV maps and it's done. ;)

Woodpecker Toon

Thanks!

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:59 AM

Wow and Wow again.  Absolutely fantastic

benney ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 12:04 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 12:06 PM

Yet anouther cheeky character from the master. Well done once again. I look forward to the toon tutorial should you decide to make one.. Hopefully (grin!).

BTW - Do you remember which edition of 3dcreative it was.. Then hopefully I can order it as a back issue.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2010 at 9:26 AM

Any new developments? How are things coming? Did the woodpecker fly away?

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2010 at 6:08 PM

I hope you are considering starting a store?!

I'll be the first in line to get your cute toons!  They're adorable!!

noviski ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 9:24 AM

Thank you, Acadia.

Finally, I've finished the model. You can download it from ShareCG.com:

http://ShareCG.com/v/47033/view/3D-Model/Toon-Woodpecker

Cheers!

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 10:44 AM

Quote - Thank you, Acadia.

Cheers!

Right on. I had forgotten about this thread but I see you have not. Fine work. Thanks

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 11:31 AM

Quote - Thank you, Acadia.

Cheers!

OMG! I can't believe you are offering this cutie as a freebie!!

Thank you ever so much!!!

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 5:01 PM

AB-FAB as they say Absolutely Fabulous.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 11:58 PM

Okay Noviski has given full permission....anyone who has any knowledge of rigging care to take a stab at this?  Would like it rigged for Poser use.

FYI I'm going to post a secondary forum topic.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 12:03 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.