Sun, Oct 6, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: "flickering" in animation

sirenia ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 1:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:19 PM

Hi gang :-)

I'm busy with rendering animations and selected the 'Final' mode render settings for this. I know there was a tread about this topic some time ago but i cannot seem to find it :-(

Can anyone point me to this topic or give some advice for render settings that will eliminate the flickering issue ?

I use Vue 7.4 Infinite

Thanks
Wim :-)

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

volter ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 3:20 PM

I know it's little bit away, but i recomend saving money for Vue 9. Ecosystem was redone so it's almost removed all flickering. with just defult settings.

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 10:28 PM

Just use small amount of blur in post to stop flicker.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2010 at 3:50 PM

Flickering is said to be much less in each release of Vue.  I've been tricked twice now (with version 7 and then 8).  So I'll wait until their is no flickering :).

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Daniel1705 ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 12:55 AM

Maybe you meant this thread: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2767824

I posted my experiences with Vue 7 there.

sirenia ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 7:17 AM

Thank you all for the tips :-)

Daniel1705, that 's some good work (especialy the growing leaves on the tree)
I will look deeper into that tread and experiment with the settings as you described (this is my first animation too)

Although i used 25fps (as you also did) i think i will use a bit more fps because at 25fps it seems that it is not flowy enough (if that is even a word LOL)

Wim

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 8:27 AM

The broadcast setting is specifically optimized for animation.  I'd try that render setting to start from, then if that doesn't fix the flicker enable user settings so as to be able to make some specific changes.  Under Advanced effects, in the general tab, look for jittering and expand it's drop-down menu.  For an animation, you want the reduced pulsation option.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

sirenia ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 1:39 PM

Hi seachnasaigh,

Did not even know there was such a thing as jittering and reduced pulsation options :-)
I really need to start reading the Vue manual again LOL !!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.