Mon, Oct 7, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Problem with P8 Wardrobe Wizard opening.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 8:08 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:17 AM

I try using Wardrobe Wizard that was included with P8 but I get the error code below.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuWardrobe Wizard Menu.py", line 8, in ?
    import ww
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 6680, in ?
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8ww.py", line 3766, in ClearFolder
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPhilCWardrobe Wizard P8tempplaceholder.txt'
Any help on this is very much appreciated. My OS is Vista in case that helps.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 9:47 PM

You are aware of the UAC problems with Vista and Window 7 and applications installed into the Program Files folder?  It looks like that is what is happening here,  WW is being denied access.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 12:01 AM

So I guess I need to reinstall P8 outside of the Program Files folder?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 12:04 AM

You can install Poser 8 to the Program Files folder but ensure that you are logged in as the system administrator when you do so.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 3:15 AM

PhilC, I was logged in as the system administrator. I couldn't understand the error and have now started the long tedious job of reinstalling my previous content. Your fabulous Wardrobe Wizard is now working.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.