Mon, Oct 21, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Any ue 6 users still there?

Xpleet ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 1:48 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Dear friends,

I was wondering how many of you here still use Vue6, reason being is that I have a few projects in planning for the stores and I'd need to know if it would sell better if developed for Vue6, afterall if I develope it in Vue8, it won't load in Vue7 nor 6.

Thank you

kind regards,

Paul

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 1:51 PM

I would reccomend going for vue 6 market, theres still quite a few people there I believe, im a vue 7 user but planning for upgrade in the 9 series.

youll have more opportunity for sales if you have the largest market you have, so if you can, do it.

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 4:38 PM

I am a vendor, and I model in Cinema 4D and save out of Vue 6 infinite myself. I know a couple people who are still using Vue 5 actually :D

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 1:09 AM · edited Wed, 01 September 2010 at 1:09 AM

DOM1 still uses Vue 6.  http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=395762

So I say keep making stuff for him.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rynn ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 7:45 AM

I still use Vue 6. :)

sirrick ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for thinking about "us".  I'm using Vue 7

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 3:08 PM

I use Vue 6 Pro Studio. I hate it when things are only for Vue 8.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 3:34 PM · edited Sun, 05 September 2010 at 3:37 PM

I hate when things are only for Vue 8.4.  What kind of nonsense is that?  Update to a buggy version of Vue so you can buy content for it?  Products should be made for X.0 versions of Vue.  That way they'll at least still work for X.1, X.2, X.3, X.4, etc versions of Vue that users prefer to use.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

lior ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 6:20 AM

Quote - I am a vendor, and I model in Cinema 4D and save out of Vue 6 infinite myself. I know a couple people who are still using Vue 5 actually :D

Where is the link of your store!

krickerd ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 12:37 AM

I have V6I but not sure I can use it now that I've upgraded to Win7 (see my latest post)

Meshbox ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2010 at 5:29 PM

All Meshbox products we produce with Vue support are for Vue 6 and higher.

With each new release, there are certainly going to be users who don't upgrade, and each subsequent release, there are bound to be new sales of the software. Supporting two steps back gives you the opportunity to serve the most users.

On the other hand, I dont think there's any problem with supporting Vue 6, but doing your promotional renders in Vue 8.

The only reason I see for supporting only a new version is if it introduced a new feature you can specifically target. For example, if Vue's try system began to support a real fruit system, and I wanted to create fruit laden apple trees, id support the new technology.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.