Tue, Oct 1, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT Anyone else jump when they load Judy by mistake?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 2:22 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:35 PM

I did just now when I was importing (what I thought was) one of my morphed Victoria characters into a Vue scene.  I zoomed in to see what the figure was.  Judy's face had put me into a slight shock.  I quickly hit the DEL button.

Maybe it's just me.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 3:31 AM

If you had to zoom it then it probably does not matter what the figure is in your final scene. A lower polygon figure may infact be an advantage.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 3:39 AM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 3:43 AM

My OpenGL wire display is kind of crumy in Vue.  All figures look the same at 50 yards with this video card.  It was the preview render window that I looked directly at after zooming in.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:23 AM

Attached Link: Judy Walk Designer Animation

lol ...umm actually i kinda like Judy.  She actually works better in the Walk Designer than any of the Vicki's (less tweeking that is).  But yeah she has not been very popular. Poser has yet to spawn a figure that could compete with DAZ.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:29 AM

That's the Pam Anderson walk.  There has to be better walks than that.  I've seen a really good one done of V3 in Carrara.  Maybe it was cycled by hand and not a stock BVH download I saw years ago for Carrara 5 Pro?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:29 AM

nope cos it's just another figure and I don't get all the fuss and yelling about their looks.

goto a store and look round. not everyone is a perfectly airbrushed fashion model you know.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:31 AM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:41 AM

That depends on where you live.  I have some luxury there.

But I think I saw a store item here on Renderosity that will morph Judy into a totally different looking woman.  I wish I could find it again.  Maybe it was Farrah.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:46 AM

Attached Link: Farrah

Ya Farrah is pretty nice.  If I was gonna upgrade a Poser character i'd go for Jessi instead. She looks like a freak'n Amazon!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 6:39 AM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 6:40 AM

Posette & Judy are my two preferred female figures, especially after I remapped them.  All else is a hi-res, resource glutton, credit card hungry trash!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:47 AM

You can change Judy's looks, go to Posergirls.net and download Viktorina Face morphs (there are a hundred of them).  You do all the dial flipping in the Pose room bypassing the face room (of course you can use the face room in combination with the Viktorina morphs).  Jan 

scanmead ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 9:33 AM

Yup. Done that. But I think it's the gosh-awful default texture rather than the actual mesh. There are much worse faces out there. LOL

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 9:38 AM

You should check out this thread. It's a bit older and doesn't have the current poser base figures, but it shows a comparison up to Poser 6. Rather interesting

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2232900

I've never worked with Judy, but I did try out  David's Poset Rremap.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:23 AM

file_458756.jpg

Some months ago, I wrote a tutorial how to improve Judy, with poser's faceroom it isn't that difficult. Here's the link:

market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 12:12 PM

Bopper, NOW THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!'   Two thumbs up and a couple of toes too.  Jan 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:24 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:25 PM

Quote - Some months ago, I wrote a tutorial how to improve Judy, with poser's faceroom it isn't that difficult.
Here's the link:

market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

best regards,

Bopper.

I was going to delete Judy from my C: drive.  You just saved me from breaking my Poser 6 install.  That is amazing.  It's like a whole new character.  Thanks for that link.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 9:58 AM

Anyone still bitching about Judy hasn't taken the time to look at the options available for her like Eternal Judy, still here in the MarketPlace.

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 10:21 AM

I never load Judy by mistake.  All the native Poser figures are safely tucked away in a folder named ZZZPoser.  The only one who gets a regular airing is Don.  If I ever use Judy it's a morphed version, usually based on Quarker's or one of the free Japanese versions. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 11:21 AM

Judy never seems to get any love- but with a few easy morphs, it's quite possible to get amazing results with her. When I was using P5, a modified Judy was my character of choice. The nice thing is that she comes complete with a lot of morphs (no need to buy add-ons like with V3/V4) and works well with Poser's face room, etc.

I just upgraded to Poser 8, and while I haven't loaded up any of my P5 characters, I have been working with getting a good "go-to" Alyson character. (My wife saw my first few P8 test renders with Alyson's default face- her comment was,  "Scary," and I tend to agree...) There's some good morphs, but I always like to tweak things a bit more myself.

If there's one complaint I've got, it's the lack of decent additional skin textures for the Poser characters. I know there's an Alyson skin with makeup on out there somewhere...

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 12:18 PM

Unfortunately, Alison has more useless polys than V4!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

hamiltonpl ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 12:31 PM

Judy's great because the faceroom and head controls are really good.  What's not so great is limited clothing - have to use Wardrobe Wizard to get clothes for her.  Then they don't quite work correctly - conversion from P4 or P7 characters.

Windows 10 - Poser Pro 2012 - 64Bit - 24GB RAM - 4 x 3.40 GHZ processor

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 2:20 PM

Quote -  Anyone still bitching about Judy hasn't taken the time to look at the options available for her like Eternal Judy, still here in the MarketPlace.

That face is just a bit better.  Not as old-maid looking.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 2:32 PM

Quote - > Quote -  Anyone still bitching about Judy hasn't taken the time to look at the options available for her like Eternal Judy, still here in the MarketPlace.

That face is just a bit better.  Not as old-maid looking.

That's just one Promo face. There are many options because of all of the added morphs for Judy that also work on the rest of the Poser 5 figures, Don, Will & Penny included!

My Freebies

Daymond42 ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 10:23 PM

I'm partial to good ol' Terai Yuki 2.. :D Or if I need comic relief, in goes Krystal.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

pitklad ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2010 at 3:00 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3690291

There is also some Judy talk on another resent post... 😉

My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.