Fri, Jul 19, 1:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 18 5:54 pm)

Subject: Baby/Toddler hair?

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 7:27 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:06 PM

I need a hair prop for the short, fine, wispy hair that is typical of toddlers who are old enough to walk and climb, but young enough to still be sleeping in cribs. It must be licensed for commercial use, and preferrably free (although I'm willing to purchase it if its not too expensive). I spend a lot of time surfing hair downloads, but I haven't been able to find anything that is thin enough. Does anyone know of a good toddler hidden somewhere?

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:25 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I've never seen hair such as you describe but maybe you could use the hair room in Poser to make your own since it doesn't sound like a complicated hairstyle. 

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=poser+hair+tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=9IqETJX7M86OjAeaupyPCA

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 9:32 PM

Attached Link: Baybee Hair Model & Textures

Will this do?

santicor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 10:05 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 10:08 PM

what Kalypso  said .

you dont need much  "style" to  baby/ toddler hair and you can bascially do it  in  2 or 3  hair  groups in  the hair  room....give it a sym just  to  drop it down  nice and easy  around the skull

set the density to  about 8000 or 10000  and the hair  root and tip  thickness to  about  .4,  .5.
probably  should   turn off the default  kink levels.

i just  saw your coment about thin -   definitely  go   hair room  - thickness like I said -

just  saw your coment about commercial  availabilty-  i have no  idea  about props  saved from  Poser hair  room.

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:14 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:15 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Santicor, thx for the added tips!

As long as no geometry data is being extracted and distributed rendered commercial works (stills or animations) all fall under Poser's EULA right?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 6:41 AM

Quote - I've never seen hair such as you describe but maybe you could use the hair room in Poser to make your own since it doesn't sound like a complicated hairstyle. 

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=poser+hair+tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=9IqETJX7M86OjAeaupyPCA

I think it was Thorneworks that used to have "Ultra Baby" over at Daz.  Cute whispy, curl on top hair.

Hasn't been around for eons though.  The only other one that I know is the one linked above.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 2:12 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone. Unfortunately the Baybee hair isn't quite what I need :sad: Thanks for the link though, I'll bookmark it so I have it if I do another baby project in the future. It looks like I'm going to have to make my own hair. There's not much stock content for the babies, is there?

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 5:21 PM

Poser World has Baby Curls.

http://www.poserworld.com/Downloads/Hair.aspx

You can buy it on it's own I think. Otherwise it's free when you purchase a membership.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.