Wed, Oct 2, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue 6I not compatible with Win7?

krickerd ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 12:01 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 5:14 AM
Online Now!

I upgraded from Vista 32 to Win7 64 and added more RAM. I haven't re-installed Vue from the CD yet but after looking at the updates page I'm wondering if I should even bother. The updates aren't compatible with Win7 Evil or Very Mad You're kidding me, Spike! Vue is one of the reasons I upgraded! Now I'm planning on building an additional PC in the future and upgrading Vue, but what the heck do I in the meantime? Boot from my Vista drive and run it there? *curse, curse @!#$%^!!!!!!!

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 2:07 AM

Have you actually tried it??
I ran version 6 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 without any problems..
What can you lose by trying it..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 6:54 AM

Yeah, I would try it first, works fine for me

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

krickerd ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 9:54 AM
Online Now!

No I haven't and here's what gives me pause, quoted from the 6.6 update page:

Vue 6 Infinite Updates **Warning!

Updates for Windows are not supported on Windows 7. Applying the update or a language patch on an unsupported OS may result in severe data loss.**

krickerd ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 10:57 AM
Online Now!

And the answer seems to be: the warning is a wive's tale, or at least misplaced. I installed from CD and then updated to 6.604 and loaded a couple of old scenes and did test renders. No problems thus far.  And I'm really benefitting from having 8GB RAM.  Only 21% usage of RAM.

sirrick ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 11:22 AM

To add to what others have said, I have absolutely no problems running Vue 6 on Win 7 64 bit.  Upgrades have installed without a problem.   

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 11:24 AM

I got a Win7 64-bit machine in April.  Since I had never installed the final update on my old machine, I went to eon and saw that warning.  I figured the data loss they warned about had to do with the program itself.

I had UAC turned down, and Vue 6 installed with no problems.  However, when I installed the update (went with the next-to-last I already had), it got to 95% and stopped.  As I watched, all of my desktop icons started to disappear.  When I finally got control back, everything had been wiped out!  I mean EVERYTHING.  I had to use the recovery discs to reintall Windows.

Be forewarned.

John

krickerd ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 9:49 PM
Online Now!

WHOA!  SCARY!  That certainly did NOT happen to me.  I wonder why it did for you?  There must be a specific reason why.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2010 at 11:25 PM

I have no problems running Vue 6I version 6.00-04 Build 288166 on Win 7 pro 64 bit. 

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 1:59 AM

I have no idea why it happened to me and not to others, but I bought Vue 8 Studio and I'm very happy with it.  I had to revert from the 8.4 update though, because it caused endless crashes.

Cornucopia3D is another story.  Every time I try to buy something that states it's okay for Studio, I am told I have to enter a serial number for Vue 8 Infinite if I want to buy it.  They're impossible.

John

Osper ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 2:07 PM

I run both 6I and 7I on Windows 7.   I haven't however tried the latest upgrade for 6 as it works just fine with out it.   If BVR's problem is any indication of what awaits............screw the upgrade.   

I had to take V6 to the new platform as V7 was an upgrade and E-on requires it also be installed.   So I use it also.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.